Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nel67son Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 01:07 PM
    Air handler Heating coil power but does not get hot
    I have International comfort air handler model #nfcp4800c3 and heating coil is receiving power but is not getting hot. Please help trying to help elderly couple that are financially bad time and are suffering.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 01:24 PM
    Here are some possibilitys

The heater coil is open as in defective. You can apply all the power you want but if the heater coil is open it will not get hot.

The overheat limit that is on each heater in the unit is open on the heater that is not working. Sometimes there can be 2 of these on each heater bank.

Since the heater coils as you call them are getting 240 volts or there abouts the sequencers seem to be OK.

Kill power,disconnect at least one power wire from the heater,do OHM test to find the defective coil.

If this does not show defective coil then do the same basic test to check for a open overheat limit control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Bryany hot air heating system fan is working but not blowing hot air [ 1 Answers ]

My Bryant Hot Air Heating unit pilot is on but it is not blowing hot air - no visual of flame through the glass. System motor only works when the thermostat is set to Fan-on but not on Auto.

Air handler wiring with hot water coil and 6006? Aquqstat [ 1 Answers ]

Installed goodman 3.5 ton air handler, that replaced old york unit that had fan center relay. a.c. works fine , but how do I wire in the aquastat, so the fan comes on for heat? Is it as simple as putting the 6006 to the fan wire on air handler? Won't that send 24 volts back up the t-stat?

No hot water to 2nd air handler [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Burnham V8 Series oil-fired boiler and two ADP multi-position air handlers, one in the basement and one in the attic. All the units are approximately six years old. The boiler/air handler combo in the basement works fine, but the attic air handler is not producing warm air. The...

Air Handler Buzzes, even with no power! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I am mystified, I may be a woman, but this is driving me crazy. I have a ARUF air handler manufactured by Goodman Manufacturing. The Buzzing is coming from the unit, not the Circuit breaker. First I turned the A/C off, then I tried the cold air because I had the heat on. Then I turned...

Air Handler Not Working! Hot in Florida! [ 1 Answers ]

Noticed in the middle of a steamy South FL night last night that my air handler (located in the attic of my 2 story home) was not running. :eek: When I adjusted the thermostat, thinking it wasn't set low enough, I could hear a click sound each time it would normally cut on and off, but no blower....

View more questions Search