Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rowdy337 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Bryant code 42
    When the furnace is given the self test all appear to run fine the inducer hi and low, blower high and low and igniter glows. Furnace shuts down after about 2 min on high output. Could it be the control board?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 6, 2010, 05:50 PM
    Probably not. Look on the back side of the blower motor access panel for a list of codes. That will send you in the right direction for a repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant Plus 80 Code 33 [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Bryant Plus 80 that is throwing a error of 33 (limit or flame roll out switch is open). The last time this happened was because the hot surface igniter was broken (frequent problem as my furnace has a tendency to short-cycle). I had picked up a couple extra ones so I had them on hand to...

Bryant code 33 [ 1 Answers ]

Bryant gas funace model 310aav042090aaja. Code 33. Wired around limit and it worked fine. Replaced with new limit throws code again. Vents clear. Filter clear. What next? Is it really getting too hot? Runs about 4 minutes before throwing code and cycles down about 3 minutes.

Bryant plus 90 code 43 [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Bryant Plus 90 series. I'm getting a code 43. From what I gather in my search, does it have anything to do with the blower motor?

Bryant flashing 24 code [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so I looked in the owners manual and it says "Low-voltage fuse is open- check for short in low-voltage wiring including thermostat leads shorting to duckwork or furnace cabinet. Disconnect thermostat leads to isolate short circuit. ENGLISH PLEASE... What are they asking me to do......

Bryant Plus 90 code 33 problems [ 16 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have a 9 year old Bryant Plus 90, model #CD5AXW024017AAAA that keeps giving a code 33. After doing some investigating, I found that an old filter was still against the blower motor along with the current filter. The old filter was completely clogged- I think it worked its way...

View more questions Search