Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsmauldin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 12:48 PM
    Thermostat wiring
    I am attempting to hook up a digital thermostat in my home. Old thermostat has 6 wires,
    Yellow to y, green to g, red to r, blue to o, white to e and brown to c.
    The thermostat has 5 connectors, RH, RC,W,Y AND G. I checked
    My thermostat at my last home and have Green to G, Blue to RC, Red
    To RH, Yellow to Y/O and white to W/B. I saw other posts that said to
    Jumper RH and RC. Will I go wrong here if I put blue to RC or do I need
    To jumper RC and RH and not use the blue and brown wire.
    bharr07 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmauldin
    I am attempting to hook up a digital thermostat in my home. Old thermostat has 6 wires,
    yellow to y, green to g, red to r, blue to o, white to e and brown to c.
    The thermostat has 5 connectors, RH, RC,W,Y AND G. I checked
    my thermostat at my last home and have Green to G, Blue to RC, Red
    to RH, Yellow to Y/O and white to W/B. I saw other posts that said to
    jumper RH and RC. Will I go wrong here if I put blue to RC or do I need
    to jumper RC and RH and not use the blue and brown wire.
    Your new thermostat must take batteries, take the blue wire and just coil it up and , jumper rh and rc attach red only to rh /rc , or , get a new t-stat , which doesn't take batteries , and you will find the all is the same except your blue wire now will go to c terminal or commonalsothe same with the brown wire coil it up you will not need it
    ejohnson7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 09:37 PM
    my heat thermostat is crazy help please
    :mad: I am replacing my old carrier Heat pump Thermostat with a new Hunter programmable thermostat. The old thermonstat was wired and follow c=brown w2 = white r=red
    g=green/fan y=yellow O= orange.

The new Hunter thermostat is wired as followed. g=fan rc/rh=red 24v y=yellow w =white
    the heater will come on but the ac will not come on. I tried to change the wiring around, but no other configuration wound works.

can someone help me with this wiring configuration please
    bharr07 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 03:57 AM
    Your need a 2heat/1cool heatpump thermostat , if you notice your new t-stat does not have a (o) terminal you need that , that is for the reversing valve. good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

HI guys, iv'e got a trane xl 80 2 stage gas furnace and trane xe 1100 air condit.the tstat is a trane mod taystat241 . Wired as this-- Y1--yello--W1--white--W2--Blue--G1--green--R--red, The new t-stat is a honewell mod RTH7400. The instr say if my old t-stat had Y1--W1---andW2 --wires to get ...

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

HI to everyone-- my older trane thermostat model taystat241 has a 5 wire hook-up Y1=yello W1=white--W2=blue--G=green--R=red----I want to hook up a honeywell RTH7500 programmable in it's place Need to know the best way, I'm confused by the guide!

Thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I recently installed a used central AC unit in my garage that a friend gave me. After trying unsuccessfully to install the thermostat (I couldn't figure out where the 3 wires went) I bought a new Honeywell ct31 manual thermostat at Walmart figuring that I would be getting a schematic or wiring...

Please Help!-thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 wires coming out of the wall: blue, yellow, red, white, and green. My thermostat only has 2 wires: red and black. How do I wire them to make my Central Air work?

Thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a special thermostat for an electric furnace with A/C/. Don't you Want the blower to come on as soon as the electric heat is energized? In other words the same time.

View more questions Search