Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdnas1794 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Wein-McLain gas burner Gold series
    Hello,

I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment and I have air in the pipes because my furnace was shut off for a period and I think my heater turned on and pulled what hot water was left. I have a pressure release valve that I have been letting hot water trickle from and I do hear air pushing out every so often. I have been doing this for 3 days now and still have no heat or hot water able to make its way to the up stairs. The water does get hot about a foot or two above the Taco but won't enter the piping that leads past a valve that has a solenoid on top. (I don't know exactly what that is sorry) My question is... how much water should I let release from the intake and more so, when do I know when it is done? Also, is there something else I can do that I missed?
    Thank you,

-Steve
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2006, 04:31 PM
    My guess is you have 3 zone valves, Taco makes valves and pumps, so I hope you are speaking of a zone valve. Often they have a way to manually open them. Try to manually open it and see if you don't get heat. If you do, either there is a low voltage problem (open connection, bad 'stat, bad end switch) or a bad solenoid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investing in gold [ 12 Answers ]

I am thinking of buying gold bullion as protection against some sort of possible disaster which might befall the United States. I don't wish to be stuck with nearly valueless paper currency if that happens. How as a beginner could I get the best value for my money. I realize that the value of gold...

Determing whether something is truly gold? [ 4 Answers ]

Archimedes, a famous Greek scientist, was given a problem by King Hieron II of Syracuse (Sicily). The kind suspected that his crown, which was supposed to be made of pure gold, contained some silver alloy, and he asked Archimedes to prove or disprove his suspicion. (It turned out that the crown...

Carrier Gas Burner lost power [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a weird problem at home now: For no reason, my GAS burner suddenly lost its electricity power. The light on it went off. It's a Carrier GAS burner, supposedly very good, used only 4 years. I checked the main service panel, everything seems OK. However, no power to the burner...

Boiler trouble on a Wein-McLain [ 1 Answers ]

I have a boiler that some times just doesn't want to kick on, With out just a little help (a tap from the back of a screw driver will do) It looks like some kind of switch or control or something, it has what Look like points that seem to make and break contact as I tap on this Thing, then...

View more questions Search