Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cyndane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 01:10 AM
    GE Dryer Stopped Running
    I have 3 year old GE Dryer that stopped running yesterday. I started a load of clothes with no problems, and went out to get them about 4 hours later. Well, a cord had been laying over the timer switch and it would not let it turn, so the dryer ran the entire time. The dryer was not hot at all, and the clothes felt like they had gone through the cool down cycle. They really weren't warm at all. I am not sure if the basket was turning at that point, but I do recall that nothing sounded strange.

Once I stopped it, I have not been able to re-start it. No fuses are blown or anything - I checked. I figured maybe it needed time to cool down so I left it all day, and now it still isn't working. I can't find the book, but it is model DPXR473EW1WW.
    What puzzles me most is that it was running when I stopped it to take the clothes out.. but now won't start at all.
    Is there an internal switch I should check.. Any suggestion would be so helpful!

Thanks.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 3, 2006, 05:27 PM
    Sounds like your timer may have messed up, based on the description you gave.

If the timer is really pricey, you will want to test it to make sure its bad. The best way to to that is to test for voltages. If your start button is built into your timer, when you press the start button, you should test 120 volts to your motor, tstats, etc.

If voltage enters the timer, but not voltage leaves no matter what setting, Id bet that the timer could be the culprit. If there is no voltage to the timer period, then you will need to locate where the voltage stops, starting at the power cord, and working your way in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neptune Dryer Stopped Heating M/N MDG4000BWW [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Please Help! My girlfriends dryer stopped heating suddenly. It's a Maytag Neptune Model MDG4000BWW. There is no heat whatsoever. I am hoping there is something inherent with this model that I can start with. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kenmore dryer stopped getting hot [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore dyer stopped getting hot. It is a approx. 6-7yrs old. It dried thr first load but didn't get hot for the next.

Kenmore dryer stopped getting hot [ 4 Answers ]

During my second load of laundry, the dryer stopped getting hot. Any ideas why? The dryer is approx. 6-7yrs old. It is a kenmore model # 110.88752791.

Furnace keep running while condenser has stopped [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, When I switch my thermostat to cool, the furnace fan runs as long as I keep setting at cool, but the condenser stop after about 30 minutes. The fan switch on the thermostat set to Auto. As far as I remember, the whole system should run for a period and then stop for a while (like taking...

View more questions Search