Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomas miller j Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 07:32 PM
    How to rewire new fan motor
    The last time I asked this question I didn't give any details so I'll try again I don't want to be looking for a job I bought a new fan motor for a hvac condencer unit I have no diagrams the wires had been pulled off the unit so this is what I have the new motor have five wires ,green yellow black brown brown&white I was given a small capacitor with the new motor tthat has two poles the capasitor that's on the unit is larger with three poles I don't know what to do please help thank you
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Look on side of new motor for instructions ,which wire goes to what, I can tell you the green and green&white will go to the new capicitor one wire to each post opposite each other
    Not being able to read the label on motor I can`t say for sure where the other 3 wires go,, is the green wire a lot smaler in diameter than the others?
    MAINTMANstl Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 02:36 AM
    Their should be a wiring diagram on the side of your new motor. Green is a ground wire screw to the frame, yellow and black are your voltage wires and srew to the load side of the contactor one on each end, brown and brown/white are for your new cap. Which you will have to mount. You are installing a new motor so you allways put on a new cap. Your larger cap that's still there is for your compresser and old fan motor, leave alone. Hook your wires to the contactor correctly line voltage in load voltage out. Small wires on sides are low voltage. Make sure you turn off electric before working

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Benefit of bldc motor compare with pmsm motor or blac motor [ 1 Answers ]

in the name of god hi every body what is benefit of brush less dc motor and brush less ac motor. And when we use bldc and when blac? What is different of them? I know that bldcs have trapezial emf and blacs have sin emf.

I need to change a 220 motor to 110. How do I rewire? [ 3 Answers ]

I moved into a house without 220 elect. My air compressor is 220. I need to re-wire the motor to 110. I need help. ldki

AC Motor bench grinder Rewire [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to rewire an old AC motor driven bench grinder. For some reason when I hook up my input cord (from the outlet) black to one motor lead and white to the other motor lead the motor locks up. The motor turns to a electromagnet and grabs the armature and locks up with a loud...

Rewire kitchen.. [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry forgot to ask in my earlier post. When I re-wire my, kitchen, (size about 10x10, Florida block house) this is what I have planned. Run my stove line. run 2: 12-2 homeruns for counter outlets. 12-2 for dishwasher 14-2 shared for fridge and garbage disposal. (can I do this?) 12-2...

View more questions Search