Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steveinpa Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Oct 14, 2006, 05:30 PM
    Bleeding Hot Water Baseboard System
    I have a gas fired boiler that heats water, uses 1 circulator pump to pump water to 2 zones (each with its own thermostat), using copper pipe to baseboards with fins. I am having difficulty bleeding the air out. One zone heats fine, the other not at all. I think there may be some kind of air block. I tried forcing water into the system, and when I opened the small bleeder valve I heard air being sucked into the system. I expected air to be escaping from the system, hopefully being displaced by water. When the system wants to suck air in, am I contributing to an air block? Should I allow as much air in as it wants, or should I keep the bleeder valve closed when I realize it is trying to suck air in? I do not know if the suction is part of the bleeding process? Thank you.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2006, 08:12 PM
    You should never draw air into the system. Does your boiler have a temp'/pressure gauge? It should read 12 psi cold and about 18 psi hot. There is a pressure reducing valve that keeps pressure on the system connected to your domestic water supply. This part could be bad, have a plugged filter screen, improperly adjusted or the valve just before it is closed. (Usually just a simple gate or ball valve)
    Are there bleeders at the radiators? They can be located on either end of the radiators.
    I'm guessing the vapor lock is in the second floor zone?
    gwenner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 04:35 PM
    i work at a condo we have 62 units. We have baseboard heat hot water we are having a problem with 1unit with heat it is hot up to zone value .we bled it pass zone value we get hot water for atime but buy the time we get done bleeding the rest of the system its coldwater we put a new zone value in . What else should we do .should we just keep bleeding it thank [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water heating system [ 3 Answers ]

Thans for your help in adavance, I have a hot water heating system boiler with a red pump at the side of the boiler. I would like to know does the pump pushes the water through the System.or pull the water back to the boiler.:rolleyes:

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Replacing Hot Water Radiators with Hot Water Baseboards [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hot water heating system with radiators, and I want to replace the radiators in the upstairs bathroom and bedrooms (2) with hot water baseboards. Can radiators and baseboards be mixed and if so, how do I determine the size of the baseboards?

Filling the radiators + high pressure in hot water system... => ? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, new house to my wife and I... we've had it less than a month and two days ago it was time to turn the heat on. This is an old hot water system, no pump (works by gravity) in a three story house. The radiator in the master bathroom wasn't full, so I tried to bleed it. Just a little air...

Hot water recirculator system [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink faucet and cold water heater:D couldn't be further apart without one of them being outside, so I am thinking about installing a recirculator pump system with a return line back to the cold water heater, to keep the hot water at the kitchen faucet when needed. I've read a lot about...

View more questions Search