Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ricodog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 04:40 AM
    Ac/heating unit
    Dear Sir, I have a heating unit it will work sometime but it will not turn on sometime like the other night when it got below in the low 50 it came on for two day's mow it will not come on for a few more day's when it drop's below in the low 50 it work's sometime then not off and on can you help me are do you need more of the problem thank-you David
    seagull Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2007, 03:56 AM
    What model is your A/C Heating unit? Please provide...
    Don Kelly Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ricodog
    Dear Sir, i have a heating unit it will work sometime but it will not turn on sometime like the other night when it got below in the low 50 it came on for two day's mow it will not come on for a few more day's when it drop's below in the low 50 it work's sometime then not off and on can you help me are do you need more of the problem thank-you David
    Could be a thermostat problem... cheap to fix.

HOWEVER (loaded) there are several things that could go wrong to duplicate the issue as you describe it.

Try wiring in a new digital thermostat first, but if that does not fix the problem, be prepared to call a HVAC Tech.

Don Kelly
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 03:29 PM
    The next time it refuses to work, take wires off tstat, the red should go to r/c and the white goes to w on tstat,, if this is correct,, just twist the 2 wires together,, this will bypass your tstat,, if it works OK,, you need to replace the tstat,, if furnace doesn`t work as normal you will have something wrong with furnace,, I hate to see people buy parts guessing that it might be broke,, and then if it was wrong,, they are out the money(waisted),, this is all providing you have a furnace and not a heat pump

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC/Heating Unit Combo HELP [ 2 Answers ]

We have, I believe, a 2-ton Lennox AC/Heating roof-top unit. Lately, the unit was having trouble cooling the house, which is about 1,500 - 1,700 sq ft. We could set the thermostat to 68 degrees, and the house would only cool down to 80 degrees. Yesterday, the unit stopped blowing cold air...

Location for heating a/c unit [ 1 Answers ]

In a two story house is there any reason not to put the only heating and a/c unit on the second floor? Thank you

AC/Heating unit will not come on [ 4 Answers ]

I attempted to replace an old York programmable thermostat with a Hunter thermostat. After installing the Hunter thermostat, my unit will now not come on. I checked the circuit breaker and it is on. What else do I need to check? Please tell me that I didn't blow my unit. Any help or suggestions...

Air/Heating Unit (Electric) Suddenly stopped working [ 5 Answers ]

Hello In July we replaced the motor and the relay switch on the unit outside the house. The unit had been running fine. Sept. 14 it was a little muggy in the house so I turned the thermostat down to 72 to kick the air on. Nothing happened all I heard was a "click" which would normally start the...

View more questions Search