Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A Noob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Digital Thermostat Stuck at 70
    My digital thermostat will not go below 70 degrees. When set on 70 or lower, the AC will run and run and run. Everyone will be freezing, but the display never shows below 70. When I turn the AC to shut off at 71 degrees, the display automatically jumps to 71 degrees and the AC shuts off.

Recently had service done to my AC unit outside for a coolant leak. Not sure if we had the problem before the service because it was at the beginning of the season.

Does anyone know what's going on? I'm not sure if it's just a problem with the thermostat, maybe something the technician did, or something much worse.

Thanks.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 03:22 PM

Could be a number of things, if it is hot out I dought you will get your house below 70 degrees. Did you put up a nother thermometer to check what the temp actually is?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 09:10 PM
    Nothing left to do but change out the thermostat but I bet you already knew that. 70 degrees is could in the summer time I would be shaking also. But I bet you can get 69 or 68 but why?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 05:58 AM
    Cooling to 70 degrees? Brrr... do you have pet penguins?:p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from non digital thermostat to digital [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old non digital Honeywell T87F thermostat, gas burner with baseboard water heat. Can I change to a new digital Honewywell RTH230B and how? Thank you

Mercury thermostat vs digital thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Last year I replaced the old Honeywell thermostat in my home with a programmable one. I figured that the set back feature would save me some money during the heating season. I don't think it did. Then this summer I kept using this thermostat for the cooling season, but I kept it at a constant...

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

Replace T87F thermostat with digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My T87F has two wires Red and White. No code indicating how to connect to the new digital on.

View more questions Search