Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicamal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 11:48 AM
    5 wires to 6 wire evaporative thermostat
    We currently have a 5 wire evaporative thermostat that consists of blue (which is connected to nothing), red, green, yellow, and white. We are trying to install a digital thermostat that consists of 6 wires. The colors are black, white, green, orange w/black stripe, red, and yellow w/black stripe. The new thermostat is the PN 7619. Can anyone help. Thanks
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Take it back and buy yourself a honeywell heating and cooling tstat,, the 5th (blue) wire is probably a common that isn`t needed if your tstat has batteries
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

May 21, 2009, 04:29 AM

What was the old tstat? I suspect it ran on batteries. Correct? If so you new thermostat must run on batteries, or you need a common/neutral wire to complete the power circuit (with red) to power that new Carrier tstat.

Carrier makes pretty good tstats, but the breadth and depth of help you will get from them, here and elsewhere makes Honeywell a good DIYer tstat, In my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I wire this new thermostat with different color wires? [ 3 Answers ]

Ritetemp thermostat install. The old thermostat has Y- yellow wire G - green wire R- red wire O - orange wire W2 - white wire E - brown wire C - no wire connected

RTH7500 - old thermostat has 8 wires - how do I wire it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I recently purchased an RTH7500 and went to wire it. My old thermostat is a honeywell T7512. I suspect it is from 1994 when the house was built. I can't find anything that will tell me how to wire this... Since I have 8 wires coming out of the wall, and all 8 were connected... On...

2-Wire thermostat with no letter coding on wires [ 1 Answers ]

My old Honeywell rotary thermostat (mercury switch) is a 2-wire system and I want to replace it with a programmable thermostat (Honeywell RTH6300B). Problem is when I pulled off the faceplate, both wires were the same color and there is no letter coding on the wallplate where the wires are...

View more questions Search