Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Survivor6 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Finding older parts for Trane gas furnace?
    I'm currently looking for an in-line fusible link for an older Trane forced-air gas furnace. I've tried quite a number of places so far with no luck. One place I contacted said they could get it but wanted over $90 with shipping (absurd).

Does anyone have experience with a good supplier of older furnace parts with reasonable prices? (I've seen this type of link go for $15-20.) Or maybe some of you experienced repairers could suggest a substitute link as a replacement. I don't know the limit temperature but it appears to just be a high temp safety limit for the wiring compartment.

(The part no. if it helps, is WG23X62 for a BLU108E936B1 Trane furnace (108000 BTUH).

Thanks for your help.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 04:33 PM
    This type of thing seem to happen a lot when a person owns trane equipment,, I wish you luck, someone might come along that can help you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 06:06 PM
    That furnace is about a 1980 model and parts are hard to come by. Can you post a picture? Can you read any numbers off the device?

Feb 3, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Hey, folks. After dozens of deadends on the internet and calling every local HVAC supply company within 30 miles, I finally found a very helpful gentleman with a couple of these flame rollout fuses in their warehouse. So much work but only $11, so a happy ending. :D

Thanks for your thoughts and efforts.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 02:12 PM
    Have you determined why the original failed, and corrected the condition? If not, the new one may fail in short order. If it is the device I am thinking of, it reacts to flame roll-out.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 02:12 PM
    Glad you got it going.

Feb 9, 2011, 11:28 AM
    Yes, you are correct. The original problem was caused by a blocked air filter which has been corrected. Link installed and all temps within spec. Thanks.
    waternwavs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 05:57 AM
    Can you please post the name, address and number of where you got the part? Thanks!

Nov 30, 2012, 10:12 AM
    I obtained the fuses from Trane of King of Prussia. (610 – 962 – 1600). If they no longer carry them, you have two options. One is to find a fusible link from another manufacturer that opens at the same temperature. The one for this furnace (which is Fuse Assembly WG23X048) opens at 109°C (228°F). (The part number for the fuse in the kit was ASM – 218305779G11.) Your other option is for you to buy the spare fuse from me that I purchased at the time since I've had to replace my old furnace since then. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to Order Furnace Parts? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to order a new circuit board for a Carrier 8000 WeatherMaker furnace. Can anyone recommend where, either Internet or locally in Northern Virginia, to order the board. Thanks.

Where is the drain pan in older TRANE gas furnace? [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old TRANE gas furnace unit, model # BLUL20E936BL / serial # 542600480. We have a leak underneath the unit onto the basement floor. We cleaned out the outside drain tube, but that didn't stop the leak. Maybe the drain pan inside the unit is rusted or has trash in it. Where should I look...

Changed some parts on Trane,still not cooling well [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, house was warm, circuit breaker thrown,still would not cool .Tech came out and replaced capacitor, tested compresser.Then noticed fan blower On outside was not working properly had to jump start it to get it going.We left it running for two days while waiting for new fan motor,Thermastate...

Concord Furnace parts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Concord Furnace and needs some parts for it. But I don't know where to get them. No one seems to carry parts for this furnace or even know much about them.

Furnace Parts [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I order a part for my furnace model Weathermaker 8000. (The computer of the furnace ). Two heating companies diagnosed that this is what it needs. But they do not have it in stock. Heating companies have not been able to find that part. #CESO11P057-00. I thought this site was related...

View more questions Search