Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    randy1010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Wood burning stove with blower
    I recently bought a house that has a Black Bart wood burning stove and blower. It appears that the blower has a thermostat as it has a dial with temperature settings. I plugged in the blower to try it out just to see if the blower would work, but nothing happened. Do I need to start a fire in order to get the blower to turn on?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 09:29 PM
    What are the settings on the dial... numbers, letters? Most blowers on those type of stoves use a snap switch to sense the heat of the stove to cycle it on and off.
    billwillie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 09:18 PM
    If I have a wood heater with a 8 inch outlet can I reduce it to a 6 inch and it still work properly?
    billwillie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 09:22 PM
    [QUOTE=billwillie;3326792]If I have a wood heater with a 8 inch outlet can I reduce it to a 6 inch and it still work properly? Will it draft properly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood burning stove blower thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new blower fan for my buck wood burning stove insert and the thermostat that used to have 3 speeds high, med & low now only works on high. I figure I hooked the wires up wrong when I got the new blower fan. Any suggestions on the wiring? Eric

Wood burning stove. [ 2 Answers ]

What will my insurance rates do if I have a wood burning stove in?

Xtec wood burning stove blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an xtec woodburning stove. My blower motor has quit. The blower was built by a company called air-dec (who is too Big and important to answer anyquestions about who they May have sold this unit to. ) does anyone know where I Might be able to find xtec replacement parts for a stove ...

Removing a wood burning stove [ 1 Answers ]

Help! When we brought this townhome it came w/a wood burning stove in the fireplace. It is ugly to us and we would like to remove it. Can we just leave the "hole" and still burn wood?

View more questions Search