Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leejm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Rheem: Blower motor not shutting off after heating/cooling cycle.
    I have a roof top Heating/AC unit that works fine except part of the time the blower motor keeps going after the AC or furnace shut off at the right temp:mad:. Blower Motor Relay? That's my choice but not sure. This model of Rheem is about 15-18 years old and can't find any info on it to replace parts. Any help?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 01:52 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...00-284131.html

Relay sounds good. Take part number off relay and buy one. Make sure to mark all wires and push on tabe numbers/letters before removal.
    leejm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 06:17 PM
    So far so good. Replaced relay and seems to be working. Thanks:).
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 28, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Glad you got it working.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would a furance's Blower motor affect cooling ? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Central Gas powered furnace with a separate Air Conditioning unit (outside). In the winter while the unit was heating the house, the hot air from the vents was not coming with much force. Could that be caused by the Blower motor not working properly or at full speed ? Another reason, I...

RHEEM A/C Unit blower motor won't start [ 5 Answers ]

I have a problem with my RHEEM air package unit Air and heating, the blower motor won't start and it keeps blowing my 24v transformer, transformer literally blows up by doing an explotion noise. Now I am thinking that it might be the blower motor it self the one returnig High Voltage power to my...

Rheem furnace blower motor won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace blower motor will not turn on. The troubleshooting guide says to replace blower motor but the diagnostics says the Limit Switch is Open any ideas

Rheem AC/Heating unit blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

How hard is it to change a blower motor on a Rheem Criterion heating/airconditioning?

Trane XR13 not heating or Cooling but Blower Blows [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XR13 Heat Pump. It has been installed for 1 year and 2 months. Yesterday I came home and noticed the Air was not cool. I tried turning it off and on then tried the heat and noticed it as well did not heat up. The outside unit is running and the inside blower is running but the...

View more questions Search