Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Khalvynnov Posts: 63, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2006, 03:57 PM
    Pop up that's really driving me nuts!!
    Ok here's ths web addy that I have tried and tried again to get rid of on my computer.

http://www.sysprotectionpage.com/

Now IDK if this is some kind of spyware/virus or whatever, I just can't seem to escape it. I have removed all sourses related to this addy, but it just keeps showing up every time I load up IE. I even tried to make another page my home page and \even use the about:blank page, but that don't work worth a dam.
    I have used HijackThis, Ad-Ware SE, and even Avast anti-virus program to get rid of it but nuthing works... I need some help please before I wipe the hard drive to get rid of it I hope

Thanks for any help
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Jun 25, 2006, 10:18 PM
    Why on earth would you put a link you have trouble getting rid of for the restus to go to?I'm not going to take any chances... sry

All the methods you've tried so should have worked.. try going into services on your computer and turning off messenger... download a pop-up blocker... have you tried housecalls free antivirus scan or tried spybot or tried AVG antivirus or Microsoft spyware scanner?they are all free to my knowledge...

Sorry about not visiting that link but I don't see the point in someone pointing to a site, that gave you a virus or spyware that's that difficult to remove, for the rest of us to visit...

Anyone else want to try that site and tell me what's there... lol
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jul 7, 2006, 10:06 AM
    Hi

To get rid of the infection please post your hijackthis log on one of the 2 leading spyware removal forums

spywareinfo.com/ or bleepingcomputer.com

Both of them have handled similar problems before

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=79406

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic56746.html

Cheers
    Invis

Jul 26, 2006, 09:06 PM
    Well I got to it too late and now my PC is dead well... unbootable where all I get is the C:\ I had a windows 2000 cd but my kid decided that is would make a better frizzbe then a CD any how I can't reinstall windows 2000. I want to get XP anyway co I still need 2000 to reboot the system or can XP do that, I tried with 98 to boot the system, but it said 98 is the wrong format
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jul 28, 2006, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalvynnov
    I still need 2000 to reboot the system or can XP do that, I tried with 98 to boot the system, but it said 98 is the wrong format
    The new windows XP cd will be able to reboot and install a fresh copy of xp on your system with the need of the windows 2000 disc (you will just need to see you have enough ram 256mb and the xp cd is bootable) .

Jul 29, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Bah! So now I have to go out and buy another windows 2000 cd eh?
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Jul 29, 2006, 10:55 AM
    The XP disk will boot on its own as long as you setup your bios to boot from cd it will then ask for a previous version of windows to authorize the upgrade..

But

If you want XP and don't have a previous windows disk... BORROW... it will be so much cheaper... a full version of windows in like around $150-$180 USD I think... the XP upgrade for which you will need ANY old windows OS disk is around $80-$100 USD.. so if you have a friend who has an OLD 95,98 98se or ME disk.. borrow and save the $$$$$... but you will still need to buy the xp upgrade disk for $70-$80 to install XP

Or

Try to use a disk cleaner that actually scrubs the scratches out of the disk... I've had GREAT luck with the DISK DOCTOR... and for only $20 its worth having even if it doesn't work for the ME disk it will work on others and save $$$

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving me nuts [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so for the past month or so i have been trying to find a movie that i remember seeing when i was about 6 or so. The movie is partially animated and is about this boy who goes into a library and gets sucked into a book. In the book he becomes animated. He then meets 2 books one is dressed as a...

Driving me nuts. BW movie from 30s or 40s [ 1 Answers ]

This movie is about a woman who gets hit with painters scaffolling and they think she is a missing heiress kidnapped at childhood. They take her to a mansion and they tell her she has to identify her favorate doll. By logical reasoning she picks the right one. Give it a go, haven't seen it...

I Desperately Need Help! Driving Me Nuts! [ 1 Answers ]

My brother and I used to watch this one show when we were younger, maybe about 10 yrs ago, approx.. . it was about this Wolly Mammoth and ice men. One of the people were friends with this Wolly Mammoth. IT'S A CARTOON BY THE WAY!! IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME WITH THIS I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!...

Is this guy nuts? What should I do. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone I hope someone can give me advic on how to handle this situation. I have been going to this gym for about three years and haven't had a problem with anyone up until this point in time. There is a guy that has been a member there for about as long as I have. In the past he hasn't...

Neighbor's LOUD RC car toy driving me nuts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Is there a way to intercept my neighbor's remote control car toy signal? He drives me nuts with this extremely LOUD toy. The guy is maried, about 24 with a kid and owns the house next to me. I've closed the front door, all the windows and the noise still pierces through my house. I've talked...

View more questions Search