Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buckky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Thermostat will not work with pellet stove.
    Have new breckwell pellet stove, have tried different thermostats with it, none of them will work with stove.is there a special thermostat I should be using.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2008, 06:34 PM

Does the pellet stove have a fan center or other type of control for the blower fan to get a signal from?
    bent4u1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 08:08 PM
    Most house hold thermostats use a 24 volt signal from the furnace to work and are actually a fancy temp sensitive switch. The breckwell stove requires a thermostat that uses a milivolt signal to control the stove. I can't remember the exact value but any dealer or parts supplier can tell you what it is. They are available a lot of places online for $50 to $100 for a wall type or about $250 for a remote type. Once you have the specs any local heating supply house or installer should be able to get you one. Hope this helps I ran into the same problem when I installed my multi fuel p6000 stove 3 years ago.Also I have found that the fire brick panel and the stir rod are good for about two years. The cost of replacement is about $120.Also about once a year you will have to partially dissemble the stove and clean all the ash out of the passages inside the stove.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat not controlling pellet stove [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Englander pellet stove and bought their Honeywell Pro TH3000 series wall thermostat, wired it as they stated and it does not appear to be controlling the pellet stove. I cannot seem to get through to them, any help appreciated.

England Stove Works pellet stove blower speed [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I have an England Stove Works 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 pellet stove. We've had it for almost four years with no problems. I clean it out and grease the augers every fall before running it for the winter season. It has recently started having a problem with the blower speed. We start it...

Connecting pellet stove to thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to connect a honeywell CT87k to a pellet stove. There are only two wires coming from the pellet sove. When I connect the red to red and white to white nothing happens. Connect the red to red and white to yellow the unit will not shut off. I don't know what setting should I use on the...

England Stove Works pellet stove [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone had a problem with their blower fan making a "whaling" sound? If so, what did you do? Model #25-PDVC/55-SHP10 Also, did you ever have a build up of unburned pellets? I have heard that this could be the result of type of pellets used. Hardwood vs. hardwood blend

Pellet Stove [ 2 Answers ]

We recently moved into a home with a pellet stove for heating. Now that the cold weather is upon us, we have no idea how to start it up and no manual can be found. The manufacturer is Forge Stove Company Inc which can not be found on the internet. Any suggestions as to how to get this running or...

View more questions Search