Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pcandy30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Heating Oil Boiler
    How do I turn on a oil boiler to heat my house?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Turn up thermostat. Make sure electric is on in the circuit breaker panel and at the boiler.

Note: Oil burners need to be serviced every year. I recommend you call a qualified HVAC contractor for a ON SITE inspection of your equipment. During this time they will probably give your unit a tune up which will allow your equipment to burn cleaner and use less oil to heat your home. At the price of oil heat you cannot afford to waste oil.

While they are there they will also make sure the water system is ready for winter performance. Checking the system pressure and lubricating the water pump among other things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boiler not heating upstairs, should we re-plumb ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We have a 50 yr old home with a boiler that we replaced when we moved in (2003). If it is below freezing outside the inside temp will barely get above 64. And the upstairs (cape cod design) will be freezing. We have to use electric heaters up there. Any idea how much it costs to replumb the...

New boiler installation - now we have heating problems [ 3 Answers ]

Aloha, I could definitely use some help, as I recently purchased my grandfather's house in Alaska to keep it in the family after his passing. It had a Sears boiler (oil) heating system that was from the 60s. The house was actually built in the late 30's. My grandfather was a whiz at plumbing,...

No pressure in heating boiler [ 3 Answers ]

One of heating pipes bursted. Replaced pipe and all is sealed. Gauge indicates no pressure temp reads 180 Disconnected pressure regulator and water comes out strong on outlet end. Have heat circulating on most of the first floor. No heat circulating to second floor. Water feed is feed,...

Combi boiler: Hot water but no heating [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Our boiler has started to act up on us. I had the heating on constant the other day. I was up in the bathroom and heard a strange sound coming from the boiler. I ran the hot tap to wash my hands and the water spurted out and it was brown in colour. The boiler had locked out. I tried...

Hammering in my hot water heating boiler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a zoned in floor hot water heating system that is hammering. The system hammers in the boiler when I have only one zone on. When more than one zone calls for heat, then there is no hammering. * I have installed spiro vents to remove all of the air. * I have checked the pump, and it is...

View more questions Search