Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loover21 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 04:18 PM
    What's causing my car to lose power?
    I have a 2002 grand prix GTP. Lately it has been having troubles starting. It turns, makes a few noises for a couple of seconds then starts, it only has 95,000km on it and has never had troubles starting. This problem seems to have started the same time I have had a bit of elecrical trouble. For a couple days evertime I got into my car the clock would be hours off but not flashing 12:00 but I had not had any power failures, but obviosly at sometime there was a problem. The other night when I got home, I took the keys out of my ignition and went to lock my doors with the power lock, and all of a sudden there was no power. I put my keys in the ignition to see if I could get power, but nothing happened at all. I kept trying to start it and turn the key in and out but still no power. All of a sudden Full power came on and there was no problem, it acted up a bit the next morning, and over the last 2 days I haven't had much problems with it.

Would this be the battery or a loose connection somewhere? I feel uncomfortable driving it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated,

Steve
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 20, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by loover21
    Would this be the battery or a loose connection somewhere? I feel uncomfortable driving it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated,

Steve
    The problem is very likely the battery or the battery connections. Normally, the positive connection.
    A close visual inspection will usually reveal a loose battery cable or a loose battery positive terminal. You may actually end up replacing both the battery and the positive cable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kemore series 80 removing top and what's causing water to keep running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kemnore series 80 model 110.82984810 washer that won't stop filling with water even when I stop the washer. It only stops when I turn off the hot and cold water. I need to know what is causing this and also how do I get the top off this darn thing to even fix it. I have read series 80's...

What's the name? Puppet dogs, a sandman, girl lose doll? [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this movie as a kid in the 80s sometime and for some reason parts of it stuck with me but I don't remember the title. I'm pretty sure it was all puppets. There were all these dogs, I think, or weasels or something and they were dressed up and walked around like people and lived in this...

What's causing noise [ 2 Answers ]

When I flush toilet it makes a loud whistling noise whenit fills back up it stops

Does anybody know what's causing this? [ 8 Answers ]

About two weeks ago I went to the doctor for a physical well during the physical I told him I was having a very rapid heartbeat after exercising that would not start to calm down till about 5 hours after I was done. Well he set me up an appointment to be seen in the heart center well the first...

View more questions Search