Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Honeywell thermostat only blowing hot air
    I installed the Honeywell RTH230B in the fall and just switched to air except it only blows out hot air. I have a five wire set up but don't know where to put the extra blue wire. It is not displayed in the setup.

Actually I just noticed there are for additional wires, blue, black, brown and orange. I don't know if they have anything to do with why no cool air is blowing or not. I have the red in the Rh but don't know if something should go in the Rc or not or which one.

Help it's hot!

Thanks,
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2006, 04:57 AM
    RC and RH may need to connect together,as these are the feeds for heat (RH) and cooling (RC). The extra blue wire may be for either your compressor, or some other system in your outdoor unit.

IS this a heat pump system? Can you trace the blue out to what it is connected to? There are several items this blue wire can be for. Tracing it can be helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a Honeywell CT87A 4447 thermostat this summer. It worked fine with my air conditioning, but I am having a problem with it controlling my furnace. It will turn the furnace on and I can turn the fan on manually, but when set to auto the fan does not come on. The thermostat has the...

Furnace won't stop blowing air - replaced the thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol U-29A that is probably about 8 years old. I don't when it started, but sometime over the summer it began acting up. The blower does not stop blowing air unless I turn off the furnace at the circuit breaker. The AC unit outside turns on and off through the thermostat, but the...

Please Help w/Replacing Honeywell Thermostat... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've just removed my Honeywell Thermostat and am trying to replace it with a Noma programmable tstat... but am having problems with the wiring. There are 5 wires coming out of the wall - Green, Black, Orange, Red and White, and only 4 posts on the Noma tstat (Green, Red, Yellow and White). ...

New Thermostat installed, Fan works, No blowing air [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new thermostat (Ritetemp 8050c) onto a electric furnace and A/C unit. Connected the following wires to the corresponding terminals as the instructions showed (W1, R, Y, G, B) When I attempted to run the A/C I could hear things starting up but no air was produced. After a...

Honeywell RTH230B blowing hot air [ 1 Answers ]

I installed the Honeywell RTH230B in the fall and just switched to air except it only blows out hot air. It is not displayed in the setup. There are for additional wires, blue, black, brown and orange. I don't know if they have anything to do with why no cool air is blowing or not. I have the...

View more questions Search