Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkb072 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Central a/c compressor
    Central air conditioner compressor won't run, but all other components work. Late model Amana outside unit with recently updated furnace. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 05:57 PM
    By all the components are you saying the condenser fan is running,, or just the blower in your airhandler,, tell us more about what you have

Jun 6, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Condenser fan is running and furnace fan also, not even a grunt from the comp.

Jun 6, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Both fans are running & no comp. sound
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Check the wires going to the compressor,(with power off) are they connected or not burned into, at post connection in the black cover on side of compressor, if all is OK, turn the power back on and carefully with a voltage meter see that you have power to the compressor, also look into the capictor a duel capictor feeds both the fan and compressor but not from the same side,, they are cheap to replace

Jun 7, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Thanks, That was going to be the next step. I wanted to make sure that I was missing anything else before tearing into the condenser unit. I'll let you know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air Compressor Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

My Compressor Quit Working A Few Months Back. The A/c/ Repair Guy Stripped The Burnt Wire On The Compressor And Added A New Wire It Worked Ok. I Called Another Company For My Yearly Service He Said The Wire Was Burn . He Pulled All Of The Wires Lose And Left. The Unit Is A Bryant That Says 1982...

Testing a central air conditioner compressor [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way that a compressor for a central air conditioner can be tested to see if it is going out?

Central air compressor noise [ 3 Answers ]

When my central air compressor kicks on it makes a loud vibrating noise that can be heard and felt in my second floor bedroom.After it kicks in it works and sounds fine .What could be causeing this loud vibrating sound

Central a/c compressor tries to start [ 1 Answers ]

The central a/c compressor tries to start . It will hum and click off do you think it is the capacitor? Someone said the starter on the side of the compreessor how do you change it?

Compressor on central air conditioner [ 6 Answers ]

The compressor on my central air conditioner tries to come on but won't. I hear it trying to come on. The unit is attached to a "Beat The Peak" system. Could that be causing the unit to not come on?

View more questions Search