Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rang65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Outside central air unit stays on when blower shuts off inside
    I have a central heat and air unit. Why does my outside air conditioning unit stay on after my inside blower shuts off? It does not stay on every time the blower shuts off, but it does stay on a lot. It has been doing this for several years now.
    jnbosell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rang65
    I have a central heat and air unit. Why does my outside air conditioning unit stay on after my inside blower shuts off? It does not stay on every time the blower shuts off, but it does stay on a lot. It has been doing this for several years now.
    There is probably a short in the wiring or thermostat. Most likely it's the thermostat. I've worked in the HVAC field for several years, and have found it to be the thermostat that causes this problem the most.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Trane compressor outside. The unit comes on and the interior blower comes on for a few hours and then stops blowing. I tried to turn on the fan via the thrmostat and it does not work when it shuts down but otherwise works fine so its not a wiring problem. The outside unit continues to...

Blower stays on [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a Tempstar furnace, Furnace blower comes on even thermostat is fully disconected from control board. Replaced control board and limit switch. Furnace still coming on. Checked all the wire locations. Tempstar model is - NFCX3600C1 Serial is- L001362305 Any...

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

Central A/C Unit (Goodman)Blower won't run! [ 8 Answers ]

Im am a new home owner.Know nothingabout central A?C's.I went to start it up yesterday and the unit kicks on outside but the blower won't blow anything out of the ducts any idea thanks!

A/C unit fan stays running [ 2 Answers ]

The FAN on the air conditioner unit on top of my house stays running all the time. The unit cools when it is supposed to, however when it's reached the room's temp, and the house thermostat automatically shuts of the unit, the fan staysd on. It even stays on when the slide switch on the thermostat...

View more questions Search