Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danpa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Coleman Furnace blower kicks on and off
    I have a Coleman model DGAT070BDE that is 9 years old. It has suddenly started acting strange. The blower motor will kick on and run for about a minute, then shut off for about 5 minutes and start all over again until I shut off the power to the furnace. The thermostat is not calling for heat as it is 70 degrees in the house and the thermostat is set at 68. My neighbor called and said that theirs just started doing the same thing. I think his is a DGAT090BDE and is 8 years old. I tried changing the thermostat but that didn't work. What could this be? It is really funny(not ha ha funny) that mine and my neighbors started doing this at the same time. The tech at our local heating and cooling company says his done that once and he had to change the lower control board. Could that be it or is he just trying to get some money? The green light on the control board stays solid which according to the diagnostics codes means that it is operating correctly. It just puzzles me that two of us have the same problem at the same time in one block. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Coleman did have some problems with the control board.

Here is a site that is more intune with mobile home furnaces,

Post under Coleman and see if Robert has a cure for this problem.

mobilehomerepair.com :: Index
    danpa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Thanks HVAC1000 ! I posted this on the site you gave a link to and noticed others have posted the same problem but no one has come up with an answer. One person replaced their control board and fixed the problem for about 3 weeks then it started again. They talk about all kinds of test to run but I am am idiot when it comes to this stuff so I wouldn't know how or have the tools to do those test. Hope someone finds the cure and post it soon. Thanks Again!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 06:58 AM
    If I were you under the circumstances I would call Coleman.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower during furnace operation on electric Coleman Evcon [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a programmable thermostat for an electric Coleman Evcon furnace. Now when the furnace comes on the blower also comes on. Sometimes the blower goes off a minute or so before the furnace stops. It never did this before- in fact I didn't even know there was a blower. Do I need to...

Coleman electric furnace blower fan won't come on [ 1 Answers ]

Older Coleman Presidential model 3120-751 electric furnace blower fan will not come on. Fan is good. Heat coils are good.

Price estimate range on blower/fan for LP COLEMAN MOBILE HOME FURNACE [ 1 Answers ]

I am on a fixed income and need to know the approximate price range to Replace the blower/fan on the Coleman Mobile Home Furnace Model #7680A Series 856, 80,000 BTU /HR input 64,000 BTU Bonnet Capacity Blower Part # recommended are: 7670-692 Med. 7660 - 693 Med. 7670-693 Med. Over the...

Coleman furnace 6 wires to blower [ 3 Answers ]

HELP! I was going to start my furnace for the first time this season, and went to do my annual cleaning. Problem is as I was taking out blower (to take outside and clean out) I accidentally dropped and the 6 wires running between the blower and furnace came undone. I don't want to hook it up...

Blower kicks on and off [ 1 Answers ]

Will I read a lot of questions very much like mine, but I'm a person who knows nothing about the furnace. All I know is that it's COLD here. We changed the filter a couple days ago and we started hearing the furnace was kicking on and off. So we went down stairs to check it out. What we could see...

View more questions Search