Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CityKid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Goodman GMT Furnace won't give heat unless
    My furnace just went on the fritz about 4 days ago after starting to run very loudly. I open the unit and started playing with few switches and maually turn this big round looking knob, for lack of a better word. Oddly enough the unit kick into gear and work for about two days. Now the furnace will only work if I apply some slight pressure to the center screw which hold that knob. If I apply too much pressure the wheel won't turn and if I release the pressure prior to pilot lite and heat coming on the unit won't turn on. Once unit hits the desired temp requested the unit come to a very loud grinding hult.

Anyone out there expereince this situtation with their Goodman GMT unit? By the way the unit is only 3 years old.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 3, 2008, 07:48 AM
    You are way in over your head on this one. It will take a professional to come to your site for the repair. The grinding is usually the blower motor but the rest of the items you have placed way out of adjustment by now. It is always a shame that people start twisting and turning things around when they have no idea of what they are doing. Naturally the worst part of this is that it will cost big $$$$ to fix it now. Good luck with your repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat sensor in a goodman furnace [ 4 Answers ]

Gentlemen I have read questions that others have had about their goodman furnaces.Well mine does the same thing... cycles several times but does not fire. If left on for about an hour or so, it might eventually work. One answer was that the heat sensor was dirty, full of soot or something. I had a...

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Goodman furnace/ no heat [ 10 Answers ]

My Goodman furnace was working just fine the other day, but now I can hear it trying to start up but nothing happens. The cold air works just fine. It has no pilot light, works with internal ignition. I've done what the maunal suggests to check before calling someone out but nothing has changed....

Goodman AC/heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new goodman AC/heat pump unit got it all installed and wired the inside unit fan runs great but the condensing unit fan and pump will not run after the timer goes off the condensing unit has an electrical hum but it won't start?? any idea what going on ?

Goodman Furnace and Heat Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I am shopping for a new HVAC system, have received a quote that sounds very good but I have never heard of a Goodman system. I trust the local dealer. What is the general feeling about Goodman products? My house is about 1250 sq ft, furnace proposed is 90,000 BTU Heat Pump is 14 SEER, located in...

View more questions Search