Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tladams Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Hunter 44110
    I just replaced my old t-stat with a new Hunter 44110. Everything seems to be working fine with the A/C, except the condenser? It's just making a buzz/humm noise. The air blower in the attic turns on like it should, just the outside unit is not doing anything. Heater works just fine.

I used the A/C about two weeks ago, with the old t-stat, and it worked fine. Could it be a problem with then new thermostat or a problem with the condenser/compressor itself? Not sure why it's just making the buzz/humm noise. FYI.. The condenser is a Rheem, replaced new two years ago.

Also, the old t-stat is already in the trash! Should've tried the A/C BEFORE I threw it out!

Thanks in advance

Tim
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Recheck your wiring especially the yellow off the thermostat.

It could also be a problem outside but that would be a coincident

You can pull the door off outside and check to see if the contactor is pulled in
    Careful 240 volts in there
    Also reset/check the breaker inside for the AC outside and check the outside disconnect for the proper voltage at the line side of the contactor/starter.
    tladams Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Sorry for the delay in posting the results. The problem wasn't associated with the thermostat, or the condenser. It was a bad breaker in the breaker panel! Got it replaced and now it's all good!

Thanks for the help. I'm just glad it was a cheap, easy fix. Also glad it's not summer yet so I didn't panic and have to call a repairman out to charge me a lot of money for such an easy fix.

Thanks again.

Tim
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Glad it worked out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter 44110 message [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting a message on my thermostat that says reco. If I hit the return button it goes away. But it just comes back later. What is it?

Problems wiring Hunter 44110 thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Hunter 44110 thermostat for an old gas wall heater. Only two wires came out of the wall and were unmarked (even the old thermostat didn't identify + and ground). I have read the instructions and connected one wire to ground and the other wire to RH. Note there is a jumper between...

Hunter thermostat 44110 [ 2 Answers ]

I have hot water baseboard heat, and installed the hunter digital thermostat 44110, and followed the directions as directed, I had had wires W, Y and RH, I marked and installed Each of the wires, and put them where they were marked on the thermostat. I felt well and all of the lights ( temp,...

Hunter 44110 [ 5 Answers ]

How should the wires match up to the hunter: I have yellow, red, white, green and then a red jumper wire if I use the jumper wire and I connect all the others to the letters of the color codes what would I do with the other red wire. My AC is not cooling at all... I changed filter, batteries......

Hunter 44110 Programmable Thermostat Wiring HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

My current thermostat has the following six wires, hooked as follows: Orange to O Green to G Yellow to Y1 Red to R Black to C White to W1 I am attempting to install the Hunter Programmable thermostat, which only gives me 5 placements for wires:

View more questions Search