Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beady Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Heat Pump Mystery- fan won't shut off, even w/ new board.
    No matter what, I can't get blower fan to shut off. I set thermostat fan switch to off- it still runs; I set thermostat system to off, it still runs. I changed the control board- no effect. I can find no limit switch. Anyone know what it might be? It's a Bryant H.Pump.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Bad fan relay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump condensing unit will not shut off [ 4 Answers ]

My heat pump condensing unit has been running for several hours now without shutting off. It is blowing out cool air. When I turn unit off manually and turn back on, you can feel the heat for a few minutes and then it goes back to cool. Please help...

Heat Pump Mystery- fan won't shut off, even w/ new board. [ 1 Answers ]

No matter what, I can't get blower fan to shut off. I set thermostat fan switch to off- it still runs; I set thermostat system to off, it still runs. I changed the control board- no effect. I can find no limit switch. Anyone know what it might be? It's a Bryant H.Pump.

Heat pump wiring?control board [ 2 Answers ]

I got a call for replacing a T-stat... (for home). The York heat pump... after replace with the new one. I found the blown fuse at the airhandler... changed... now I have the blower up and now the electric heat is temporarily used but the unit outside is not running... In heating mode : the unit...

Heat Pump will not shut off [ 53 Answers ]

I have a Bryant heat pump that was used very little over the winter. When I went to turn on the air conditioning a few days ago, the outdoor unit would not come on, but the indoor fan and thermostat appeared to be working fine. I checked the contactor and it was not pulling in, when I pushed it...

How To Solve The Ouija Board Mystery [ 5 Answers ]

Want to join me in a Ouija Board discusion? Check out this page and let me know what you think - Ouija Board Blindfold Experiment The Straight Dope Mailbag: The Straight Dope Mailbag: How does a Ouija board work?

View more questions Search