Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mudbone138 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Heat Pump only works above 50 degrees
    My heat pump only works in cool weather, not at all in cold. It only blows cold air in temps below about 45-50 degrees.
    I don't think the aux heater and/ or the emergency heat are coming on.
    Where do I need to go in the unit to check these components?

Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 09:28 AM
    A friend of mine had a problem very similar to what you are talking about. He blew a fuse in the lower pump system and foolishly didn't call a repair person and ended up running his emergency heat all winter and had a very cold house!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 yr old Lennox heat pump fan blows constantly in heat mode [ 5 Answers ]

20 year old Lennox heat pump - outside temps been 30's at night, 40's daytime UPDATE: I went outside and the unit is covered in frost on 3 sides! I've been reading on Google about frosted heat pump units and can't determine how to manually defrost it. Apparently, the auto defrost is not...

Carrier heat pump works fine so far, won't go into defrost mode [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrie heat pump that is working fine so far. It still provide heat for my home. It just dose not go in to defrost mode to defrost the out side unit. I have read to put the unit in auxialry mode to get a few extra defrost cycles in, but when I read the flash codes it never say anything...

My heat pump AC works but not on heating cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a 2-story house in AZ and there are 2 Lennox (sic?) heat/AC pumps, one for each floor... it has 2 Honeywell TH8000 thermostats. Last winter there wasn't any problems but tonight it started getting cold so I turned it from cool setting to heat, I can hear relays in the TS click and it says...

Coleman Evcon D.E.S. II Heat Pump- works intermittently [ 1 Answers ]

She's an old one... I'm guessing the late 70's or 80's, but since I've lived here (4years) it seems to work for a while, but then stop... I hear a fan blowing, but it's cold air. Then I look at the t'stat and the red emergency light is on... cold air coming out of the vents. I look at the unit...

York heat pump changing from 70 to 72 degrees [ 1 Answers ]

I have a york heat pump and a honeywell model 8300 thermostat. I also have a electric furnace as a backup aux heat. I have the thermostat set to go to 70 at 11:30 pm then at 9:30 am to go to 72. Then heat will operate in this mater. 1 At 9:30 heat pump will start 2 About 1 min later the aux...

View more questions Search