Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woodsy1960 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Caulking during the winter
    I have a sliding glass door that is leaking due from snow melting off the upper deck. Can I apply caulk during the winter months will it hold until we can look at the deck above after the snow melts?

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 17, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Caulk and the material it bonds to both like to be above 50 degrees. If you must get a temporary fix put your caulk on a heat register for an hour and use a hair dryer or heat gun to warm up and dry the door rail. If the rail is aluminum it should not take too long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caulking vs grouting [ 4 Answers ]

I just set 50 large (8"x 10") tiles on the upper back wall over my fiberglass shower unit. These tiles go along the top (to the ceiling) and down along the sides to the floor. The will not come into contact with direct water. (hopefully) I had planned on mixing grout that would have matched my...

Caulking of hardy plank [ 2 Answers ]

Is it OK to caulk lap hardy plank? There is a question as to whether it needs to breath.

Caulking glass shower [ 3 Answers ]

My builder installed a frameless glass shower a 15 months ago. The glass goes up to the ceiling because the shower is also equipped with a steam generator. We have glass on two sides and limestone on two sides. The silicon caulking that attaches the glass to the limestone At the floor of the...

Caulking jobs [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of caulking should I use in the following applications: a. between a tub and a wall b. on a roof c. between 2 ceramic tiles d. between base molding and a wall

Caulking a drain [ 1 Answers ]

Does silicone sealants have a shelf life or a temperature range when stored? I opened a new tube of GE Silicone II that was purchased several years ago and stored unopened and unused until now. The instructions say: "Tack free in 45 mins. Full cure in 24 hours". It has been over 24 hours now since...

View more questions Search