Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yhamla Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Carrier heating unit --fan won't work with heating
    I have a carrier heating unit installed in 2000... it worked fine since then but now... fan will work if we turn it ON by itself... but if we turn on auto heat then heater goes on (blower like sound) but fan doesn't force the air into the house... if we turn off the heat... fan comes on immediately...

It is gas fired central heating system... thanks for your help.

Nov 25, 2007, 01:14 PM
    LED code comes out to 13...
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 03:40 PM
    The main limit is opening. You may have a bad control board. The board times the blower on in heat mode. If all your blower wires have good connection on the board I would say it's the board. You can have heat by turning the fan switch to on at the t-stat switch the mode switch to heat and set it the temp you want. The blower will run all the time but the heat will cycle as normal. And no its not bad for the blower to run all the time. It will give you heat until you get the board replaced.

Nov 25, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Thanks... how can I replace the board?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 05:30 PM
    The toughest part is paying for it. Usually they are under the cover where the filters are, follow the thermostat cable. Note, red on R, white on W,. Many of the other wires will be on one plug. Note any others and jumpers. Also the blower leads may be on one of a couple positions. If you don't note where wires were before removing them, then getting to back together and working right again is a mess. There is usually a few screws holding it in place.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
    The bad part is it's a rework kit. Its not hard to replace if you know some what of what you are doing. They send you a totally different control board with a lot of wires. Check with the dealer that installed the system, back then they offered the 10 years part and labor warranty with the unit. You may get lucky and its all under warranty.

Nov 26, 2007, 11:31 AM
    I called my service guys.. they were nice and told me to reset a micro-switch... once I did it.. it worked like a charm. Thanks for your help T-Top.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman heating unit fan won't come on [ 1 Answers ]

The problem I have is the air handler is working but the fan on the compresser isn't going on. It's a Goodman unit... 2 ton I think... the unit comes on... the fan does not turn... but the unit makes a buzzing sound The unit is hot... in the time it took me to turn it on and walk outside and look...

Carrier Central ac Unit- fan does not work-humms [ 1 Answers ]

My carrier central unit does not work. On the outside condenser part the fan does not move it only humms and sometimes it is just silent. Can that part be repaired and where can I get the part? The unit is very hot outside. I am near atlanta Georgia. Thanks

Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070 Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit? Thanks so much!:cool:

Heating Unit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 story home with one unit for the upstairs and downstairs. The heat is blowing upstairs through the ducts, but there is no heat coming through the downstairs ducts.

Carrier heating/air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

We have a carrier gas furnace which is only about 5yrs old. The fan is not turning on the unit outside and it has begun making a loud noise but its working fine as far as heating the house. What could be the problem and would it cost a lot to fix. Thanks for any help.

View more questions Search