Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coach Dan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Heat stays on
    Hello. Our heating unit (inside unit) will not shut off once the desired temperature is met in the house. It isn't the thermostat because it says it's shutting off, but it really doesn't. We've had someone at our house today to look at it, and they say the computer board is fried. Does that sound normal? We cannot leave the heat on for a long period, because it roasts us out of the house. Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, it's a York that was suppose to be "new" when the house was purchased. The technician today said the serial number is one from the 80's. Any advice?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Disconnect the white wire from the thermostat and the furnace should shut down, if not then the problem is most likely in the furnace, Good luck ,Mike
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 8, 2007, 05:15 PM
    He is telling you what is wrong.
    He is there and I am not.
    I would feel that if he replaces the board and the furnace worked correctly he has done his job correctly.
    Now if the board does not fix the furnace he can remove the board and you will not own him anything.
    It is a no brainer roll the dice and have him fix the furnace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Blower stays on, no heat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have an older Bryant furnace model # 396gadd36075. I turned on the heat the other day and the no heat. I notice the unit had been turned off (pilot was not lit), apparently by the service company I use when they came to do the spring check for the AC. I followed the instructions to...

Heat won't come on and blower stays on all the time. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with a furnace that the heater won't come on, "not at all", and the Blower it stays running all the time, can't turn it off unless disconnected. Before replacing the Circuit Board, I will appreciate if somebody tells me what other reasons are there that may cause this problem. ...

Furnace stays on for 2 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a digital thermostat and my furnace seems to stay on for only 2 minutes at a time. It does this approximately every 10 min. The programmed cycle rate is 5/hr, so starting up every 10 min makes sense. If the programmed temp is 72 F and the room temp is around 72 F, it will start up as...

Coil stays on [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me why my coil is staying on

View more questions Search