Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mona megalla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Propable changing electric wires
    Hi
    I brought a chandelier from Europe to usa & after connecting it to electricity , we found that its light is very very weak!!
    The handy man said may be you need to change its 220 volt thin wires to thick 110 volt wires ?
    Could you please advice me how to solve this & which kind of shop deals with that kind of proplems?
    Thanks a lot
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Oct 30, 2007, 08:20 AM
    I would not expect the chandelier wiring to drop much voltage. Get a qualified electrician to measure the voltage at the fitting, and check that the wiring to the fitting is OK.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Did you change the bulbs to 120 Volt ones? It will be fine once you do that.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Yeah 120 volt bulbs, and don't let the handyman do any electrical work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from a gas range to an electric smooth top range [ 1 Answers ]

What are the requirement for switching from cooking with a gas stove to cooking with and electric stove

Changing gas to electric [ 5 Answers ]

I am thinking of buying a home. The one I want uses gas for heating and cooking. How hard would it be to convert that to electric? I am terrified of blowing myself up in a home that has gas. The house I am looking at is about a 100 years old. Any information would be great.

Changing light switches and now electric plugs don't work [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to change the light switches in my apartment. I found out after taking out the old switch, that there is no ground but there were 3 separate black wires coming from the box. I changed the old to the new switch, but since there were 3 black cables coming out, I only back mounted 2 of the...

Changing ceiling light, there are 3 wires? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I'm replacing the light fixture on our bedroom ceiling. When I removed the old fixture I found a red wire from the house connected to the black leads on the old fixture, a white wire from the house connected to the white leads on the old fixture, and 2-3 black wires from the house all taped...

Changing Thermostat Analog to Digital have 110 volt wires [ 2 Answers ]

I have a baseboard hot water system with a gas boiler. Boiler is 6-7 years old. It has three zones with 3 separate pumps and thermostats. I checked the thermostat wires and they are 110 volts. Folks at the local hardware store I talked to were surprised with the 110 volts but suggested I could...

View more questions Search