Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheplumb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Domestic Hot Water Heating Boiler System Rad Valves
    Re hot water boiler heating system,with 3 zone valves,in home.need to know to know about small "automatic"? Vents at ends of rads One was 'leaking']slowly but steadilty.and dripping slowly thro to basement forming small 3 inch mark on floor. 4 years ago these "automatic" valves replaced (from round knob turn type ) by professional. I did press on the small pin like
    Thing in centre and water spurted. I cleaned up the water and then screwed the cap on tightly.
    Is the cap supposed to be on tightly ? If "automatic' need they be bled
    Would appreciate advice

sheplumb
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 08:13 AM
    I managed an apartment that had radiators and used steam for heat...

They had relief valves on one end and seemed a little messy, the system

Would cool down and water would return to the boiler... The heat would

Come on in the morning and the relief valves would spit and sputter

Until the system was hot, had many compliments on how good heat was...

Had to fix relief valves in many apartments to get the heat...

Maybe there is a way to catch leak, and not interfere with operation

There are craft thingies on the internet, maybe they have ideas...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 10:54 AM
    There are likely people here that can give a good answer if you give them time.
    rosebik Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 11:25 AM
    I am bleeding today too. One of my bleeders is that type and you have to leave the slightly loose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water heating system [ 3 Answers ]

Thans for your help in adavance, I have a hot water heating system boiler with a red pump at the side of the boiler. I would like to know does the pump pushes the water through the System.or pull the water back to the boiler.:rolleyes:

Hot water but no heating! Vokera boiler and honeywell cm67 thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Please can someone help? I have recently moved into a home with a Vokera Boiler Linea range and honeywell CM67 thermostat. When we first moved in we had hot water and heat. With the hot weather the boiler has been on hot water only for approx 2 week. This week we have gone to put it on hot water...

Combi boiler: Hot water but no heating [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Our boiler has started to act up on us. I had the heating on constant the other day. I was up in the bathroom and heard a strange sound coming from the boiler. I ran the hot tap to wash my hands and the water spurted out and it was brown in colour. The boiler had locked out. I tried...

Hammering in my hot water heating boiler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a zoned in floor hot water heating system that is hammering. The system hammers in the boiler when I have only one zone on. When more than one zone calls for heat, then there is no hammering. * I have installed spiro vents to remove all of the air. * I have checked the pump, and it is...

Low water pressure oil hot water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

How does one go about increasing water pressure in a baseboard heating system?

View more questions Search