Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bevedm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Central air blower
    I have a York split system heat & air. The blower does not come on with a/c. Works with heat or fan only position. I pulled a wire off the capacitor mounted on the blower cover(squirrel cage blower) The blower hummed but did not start, started when I replaced wire. This was done with thermostat in fan only position. Fan and compressor both work. Where do I go now to run this problem down? Thanks Ed & God Bless
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Thermostat.
    And thank you. Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air blower not working [ 17 Answers ]

My central air conditioning blower is not working. Fan on outside unit works but inside fan does not. When I manually turn the fan on at the thermostat it still does not work. What do I need to check?

Central air blower [ 4 Answers ]

I have a York split system heat&air unit. The blower motor does not run on A/C. It does run in the fan only position. Also runs with heat. I pulled off one wire on the capacitor mounted on blower housing and motor would humm but not start, but ran again with wire replaced. The top fan and...

Central Heat and Air not blowing air at all [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a girl trying to save myself a little money and maybe embarrassment before I call someone out to look at my a/c problem. You know, trying to avoid the fact that I all I had to do was plug it in... ha/ha. I just moved into an apartment, everything was fine until all of a sudden I...

Blower Fan - Central Air - Bryant - INOP [ 4 Answers ]

Sir/Ma'am, My townhouse uses a Bryant central a/c/gas furnace. The outdoor evaporator fan and compressor work. The indoor blower fan when set to on will begin with a hum -- much like a stuck motor might sound, then time out and shut off. This started with my wife's attempt to start the machine a...

Central AC Blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool package unit aprox 20yrs old. Can't find a model#. The blower runs OK when I put the fan setting to on, but won't run when I set it to auto. The compressor kicks on and off when it is supposed to as I change the thermostat setting, but the fan won't come on. A couple of times...

View more questions Search