Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kennyhendrick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Air Conditioner .Air handler too.both stopped?
    I have an air handler in the garage that started leaking a week or so ago. I have an ouside air conditioner (central?) and it also has stopped... when I move the thermostat I hear it click on but no air...

Anybody?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Check your breakers and fuses near the a/c unit. Also what was it leaking ? Water or freon?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Do you happen to have a condensate pump that gets rid of the water from the evaporator coil?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 08:38 PM
    You could have a float switch that shuts the unit down when the condensate pan fills up. Find the drain, and clean it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leak from air conditioner air handler [ 6 Answers ]

How do I stop water from dripping from my air handler? The technician has checked the pans, drains, and freon with no luck. He is stumped as to where the water is coming from.

Air handler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a heat pump. When the air conditioner comes on it sounds normal then after a few seconds I hear like a swooshing noise coming from the air handler in the attic. It makes the noise then stops then few seconds later does it again.and keeps doing that every time.We had to have freon put in the...

Air Conditioner Stopped working [ 4 Answers ]

Last used the air conditioner was last summer, with the heat coming early this year we tried it and it didn't work. This is what I know so far: 1) I switched out the thermostats (we have two) and it made no change 2) checked the exterior fuses and they are good 3) Inside Fan works 4) When I...

Air conditioner condenser air temp [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the temp coming form the outdoor condenser should be really warm, like that coming out of a furnace, or just mildly warm, like around 90. Does the temp coming out have anything to do with performance or cost? I ask this because I live in an apartment, and the downstairs...

View more questions Search