Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonkenn1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 11:16 AM
    Code 33 after blower motor replaced
    I have a Bryant 350MAV, just replaced defective blower motor (siezed up) and now the furnace starts to produce heat and after a few minutes the burners shut off and I get a fault code 33. What do I do??
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2010, 11:27 AM
    Code 33 is a limit circuit fault. Most likely, the furnace is overheating for some reason. Is the replacement motor OEM or aftermarket? If a universal aftermarket motor was used, was the rotation set correctly? If running backward, inadequate airflow will cause overheating. Check page 15 of the attachment for other possibilities.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf sm350aav-02.pdf (742.3 KB, 125 views)
    jonkenn1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 02:17 PM

Thanks, I found that the new motor was in fact running backwards, causing the furnace to overheat. I switched the motor to the correct rotation and everything is fine now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No blower motor,code 33 bryant 80plus [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bryant 80plus. The blower does not come on when switched on at the thermostat. The glow ingitor was in pieces when this started. Now I get code 33.

Goodman furnace will ?heat motor? And blower motor will run but not at same time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Goodman, gas, no heat pump. There is a flashing LED that blinks once ever 4 seconds. Also, blower motor does not stay on always. We did smell something like an electrical burn. I'm guess my blower motor is fried?

A/c not cooling after replaced fan motor [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced a condenser fan motor. New motor works great. However, no cold air. I've noticed while outside unit running the fan will turn off for a fraction of a second and then back on. Is this a compressor problem now? A maintenance tech at the factory I work at suggested "jump...

Condenser motor replaced still not working #2 [ 1 Answers ]

Wiring looks good. Does it matter if capcitor is touching metal ? We had no way to attach the new capiter. The old capiter with 3 wires is enclosed in plastic tube, so we did not remove it, just bypassed it. New capiter has 2 wires, instead of 3. When we unplug the new capitor, fan still...

02 Accord had blower motor transistor replaced now I hear a flutter noise [ 1 Answers ]

My ac quit working on all speeds except 4 after having the hepa filter replaced. Took it back to the dealership they said it was the blower motor transistor. Just picked it up and now I hear a fluttering noise on all settings except off. Called the dealership and they say it is probably leaves in...

View more questions Search