Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweet110381 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Nov 17, 2013, 03:45 AM
    Thermostat needs to be turned on higher and higher?
    I used to have to turn the dial on thermostat for my electric baseboard to a 15 in my room, then I'll hear a click and the baseboard starts warming up. Now, 4 years later, I have to turn the dial a little pass 20 for it to click. Anything thing lower would start the heat. Why is that? It's only the master bedroom that I turn on the elec heat.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2013, 01:13 PM
    The temp sensor may be bad or the bimetallic element in the thermostat could be fatigued. Does it heat properly and switch off at desired temp?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal for house temp to be higher than what the thermostat is set on? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a new outside unit (one year old) and a new coil (brand spanking new) on my central air conditioning. We have had lots of troubles but things to be working okay for now. The only thing is, no matter what we set the thermostat on (usually around 75), the AC won't keep the house that cool. ...

Temp stays higher than thermostat -- radiant hydronic heating [ 3 Answers ]

There are 6 thermostats (Honeywell T8400B1018) throughout the house. 3 are in bedrooms we don't normally use.  I set those thermostats to 55 degrees and close the bedroom doors.  In one bedroom, the Temperature drops to 55 -- good. But the temperature in the other 2 rooms stays around 65-70...

House does not get higher than 70 degrees even though thermostat is set at 80. [ 1 Answers ]

We have a brand new oil burner. Even though I set the thermostat to 72, it doesn't get higher than around 68 even when I turn the thermostat up to 80.

Why won't my thermostat my central heating go higher and put out more heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat on my central heating unit is not putting out the heat. For example right now, It is 17 degrees outside. I put my thermostat up to 90, not to get it that hot of course, but to get the temperature to rise. It is only reading 59 degrees! Last night it went down to 40 degrees. The unit...

View more questions Search