Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lillybarney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 09:48 AM
    House does not get higher than 70 degrees even though thermostat is set at 80.
    We have a brand new oil burner. Even though I set the thermostat to 72, it doesn't get higher than around 68 even when I turn the thermostat up to 80.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2011, 12:56 PM
    How old is your house? In a very cold climate, depending on insulation, weatherstripping, leaks etc, your heat flow out of the house may be more than the heater can replace. How much insulation in attic? 16"? storm windows? At 0 outside and 68 inside, you have a substantial flow through an underinsulated house.
    I gather you are in the NE, with oil heat, and it's been -25 wind chill in many places.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal for house temp to be higher than what the thermostat is set on? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a new outside unit (one year old) and a new coil (brand spanking new) on my central air conditioning. We have had lots of troubles but things to be working okay for now. The only thing is, no matter what we set the thermostat on (usually around 75), the AC won't keep the house that cool. ...

What percent of adults in the you.S. Have bachelor degrees or higher? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what percent of people 24 years old or older and living in the United States have a bachelor's degree or higher?

House temperature falls to more than 10 degrees below the thermostat setting at 72. [ 2 Answers ]

Our house temperature falls to below 60,while the thermostat is set at 72-74. Still no heat and it's freezing here in Michigan!What could be the problem?We have forced air,gas furnace.

Its 27 degrees out and my thermostat is set at 70 dgrees. Why won't it shut off? [ 1 Answers ]

Shouldn't the ac unit eventually reach the desired setting and shut off?

Honeywell RTH221 thermostat is set @ 74 degrees at night, but only goes to 72. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a honeywell RTH221, I run the schedule wake, sleep and leave. I want my temp set at all around 73 degrees and for some reason dips to 62 degrees in the middle of the night before turning on again, during the day it drops from 73 degree dipping to 67 degree before turning on again! Is that...

View more questions Search