Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    columbo3611 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Boiler will not shut off
    I have hot water heating in my home. The boiler will not shut off once it is turned on. I tried replacing the wall thermostat but that did not work. The only way to turn it off is to hit the power supply to the boiler. Any suggestions?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 11:03 AM
    The boiler is probably being controlled by the boiler operating control located on or near the boiler itself. The contactor or relay is probably stuck or burnt closed allowing the unit to continue to run. If the high limit is burnt/stuck closed this is not a good situation. If you do not know what you are doing I would call for ON SITE service to have a HVAC service person check out the system and make any necessary repairs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Mom Won't Shut Up and My dad won't shut up, noise noise. Annoyed. [ 18 Answers ]

My mom nevers shut up. She repeats everything and reminds me about everything. Also, my dad eats with his mouth open cause he's old and I have to hear it because my computer is near the dining room, actually basically in probably. Also, my big brother laughs upstairs at his anime.. My twin brother...

Boiler won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Oil to Gas conversion boiler and for some reason I cannot get the boiler or the circulator pump to shut off. I have a digital thermostat and it is set for 65 degrees but the boiler keeps firing up and the temp in the House is now 72 degrees. The boiler will run for 3 minutes then...

Boiler [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I've recently moved to a new flat and have a Combi Biasi boiler. The hot water becomes too hot then goes cold, I've had it checked thinking the thermostat had gone but the boiler chap said it was fine. Now the hot water turns itself off when running the water and I have to continually...

Shut of water to house and not boiler [ 3 Answers ]

We have a boiler. When we are not home we would like to shut off the water in the house. We have had conflicting opinions about the boiler. We were told that if we shut off water to the boiler and there are any pin hole leaks in the system, eventually the boiler could "dry fire" and have...

View more questions Search