Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cshjoslyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Looking for parts
    I've been looking for a fan motor for my dads direct vent wall gas furnace. I can't seem to find one with the same specs the motor has. It is a sears furnace but they said it is no longer available. The name on the motor is universal electric co. it is 115v 60 hz 2.4A 1100/950 rpm 1/20 hp 1/2 dia shaft 5 1/8 dia motor 1 1/2 shaft length 2 1/2 motor width any help on where I could get one would be helpful
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Try MECI - Liquidation Outlet Work at matching up the specs. You may have to fabricate a bracket to hold it.
    cshjoslyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Thanks tried it but didn't find too much, does it matter if my motor is 2.4A and I find one that is say just 2A or if I find one that is a three speed and one of the speeds matches my specs would it still work, I didn't know if the other speeds would screw it up
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 21, 2007, 07:42 PM
    In most areas there are electric motor repair shops. They repair and sell new motors. Pull the motor and take it to them to see if they can repair it or if they have a replacement.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Look for a motor that will fit in the area and brackets that are one the heater, don't worry if the amps are off by a small amount, if you have to buy a multi-speed motor buy it and use the speed that matches closest to the speed of the old motor. Make sure that the rotation is right because most motors of that size are not reversible without rotating the bell ends.
    Feel lucky if you can find one that will work for you.
    Felrio Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Try this place:
    AmericanHVACparts.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Parts [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I order a part for my furnace model Weathermaker 8000. (The computer of the furnace ). Two heating companies diagnosed that this is what it needs. But they do not have it in stock. Heating companies have not been able to find that part. #CESO11P057-00. I thought this site was related...

View more questions Search