Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dterry57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 03:09 PM
    Freon leak or thermostat?
    Replaced freon every 2 to 3 days to keep unit on scheduled settings found an repaired where thought to leak but still losing freon.
    Thermostate is very loose on the wall could it be in the thermostat itself maybe a faulty relay to shut off?? Please help can't sleep at night 2 story house upstair unit. Thank you
    dterry57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 03:11 PM

Can ac unit thermostat be link to losse of freon when no leak is found?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 04:17 PM
    No,, the tstat is only the control switch which tell the equipment to come on
    Who is putting the refrigerant into your unit every few days?
    They are breaking the law by replacing and not finding the leak and repairing such leak
    You need to call someone/anyone that can fix your problem
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Aug 3, 2009, 05:43 PM

Call a real company out... this person replacing the freon everyother day could be in big trouble. They are breaking several laws here.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 07:24 PM

It is possible that they actually are adding freon when freon is not needed, too much freon will cause a unit not to work right just as too little freon.

Find someone that knows about Air Conditioning and have them service your unit or do the repairs that are needed. It will be cheaper in the long run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low freon [ 1 Answers ]

Our building maintenance man says that my freon is very, very low. He told me that A/C companies are going to tell me that I need a completely new unit, but it's possible that the leak can be fixed by fixing or replacing the valve stem(s)? I would like to get some other opinions. What do you...

3rd Freon Leak, time for a new unit? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox 5 ton A/C unit that has had 2 past leaks (Unit is 10 years old and we live in Phoenix). After not cooling below 77 degrees, our usual A/C repairman came out last week and suggested a new unit even though he couldn't isolate the leak this time. He charged the Freon and we blow cold...

Freon Leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a pinhole in the back coil that I accidentally punctured and all the freon leaked out. The hole is no bigger than a pinhole. Id like to know if the pin hole can be patched, and freon replaced? Or is the entire refrigerator now useless due to this tiny pin size hole? I can't afford...

Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How can determine if I have enough Freon in the system? Someone told me if coolant pipe is not very cold then there is not enough Freon. Is it true? TG

How much Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How much freon (R19) should be used to fill a home A/C unit. I need to replace the evaporator and must dischrage the system and refill it.

View more questions Search