Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macko71 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2011, 12:41 PM
    Air handler heating element on with a/c running
    I discovered that the heat element is always on,when my a/c is kicked on.

Until I can get this repaired, do I disconnect the white wire at thermostat, or pull the heat side disconnect at the air handler? There are two disconnects one marked heat, the other cool. I don't want to cause a/c malfuntion.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air with faulty heating element [ 1 Answers ]

I discovered that the heat element is always on,when my a/c is kicked on. Until I can get this repaired, do I disconnect the white wire at thermostat, or pull the heat side disconnect at the air handler? There are two disconnects one marked heat, the other cool. I don't want to cause a/c...

Air HAndler/Blower keeps running & heat pump off [ 0 Answers ]

My indoor Air Handler / Blower keeps infrequently running even after the outside Heat Pump has stopped. Is this a problem with the Thermostat or the Air Handler? I have Honeywell CT3611 thermostat. My Air Handler and Heat Pump are made by Carrier.

Frigidaire Gas Hot Air heating furnace fails element [ 1 Answers ]

Frigidaire Furnace Gas Forced hot air - inducer on, no glow in ignition element, two red flashes on circuit board indicating pressure switch fault - took off the connecting pipe between pressure switch and draft inducer and tried to clear inducer nipple of possible debris with a piece of wire -...

Air handler Heating coil power but does not get hot [ 1 Answers ]

I have International comfort air handler model #nfcp4800c3 and heating coil is receiving power but is not getting hot. Please help trying to help elderly couple that are financially bad time and are suffering.

Air Handler Fan Keeps Running (in off position) [ 3 Answers ]

Had some electrical work done at the house today (breaker box replaced). When the electrian turned the power back on, the air handler fan started running (it won't shut off unless you open the breaker). A/C works fine but the gas heater doesn't kick in. Fan position on the thermostat is in OFF...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.