Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Credit card s.o.l. begins when ?
    Does the credit card statute of limitations begin running from the last payment made or from the right off date.opinions seem to differ and I can't find any law or statue to clarify this.

Help,
    steve55
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2006, 06:18 PM
    I guess technically it would be how the statue is worded, plus case law.

For example:

In Ontario, they have two years to sue from when they first notice you are in default.

So if you miss a payment, they know you are in default and the 2 years period should start from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help about a Credit Card Debt [ 11 Answers ]

Please advise. I am currently in South Florida I moved here after a divorce. Before moving I tried to settle my credit card debts but after two hurricanes went into a tail spin. I begged for my credit counseling agreement for 3 months, in April of this year I tried to get back on track and they...

Credit card judgements [ 1 Answers ]

I have a collection agency that is after me for a credit card debt that I owe. I'm not looking to not pay the credit card company, I'm just waiting to come across some money Where I can pay off the balance altogether in full. I keep telling the collection agency That I will send them some money...

Credit card judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 credit card judgements against me and have recently filed for bankruptcy-do I need to file a motion to vacate these judgements or is it automatic with the discharge?

Credit card [ 2 Answers ]

Why would a credit card company offer to take a settlement of $4,700 on a debt of $29,000?

I Need Credit Card [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Credit Card To Purchase Some Books

View more questions Search