Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    InMyFavr's Avatar
    InMyFavr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 22, 2010, 10:09 AM
    Providing Personal Info on Health Insurance to husbands EX
    I hold health insurance coverage for myself, my husband and his children. How much personal information of mine (i.e. SS#) am I required to give her if any so she can use the insurance while the kids are in her care? Can I just give a copy of the insurance card to the physicians office and not her directly? I am concerned that she will try to do something with all my personal information... Thanks!
    InMyFavr's Avatar
    InMyFavr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 22, 2010, 10:11 AM

    Sorry realized I left out some info... question is how much info am I required to give the ex-wife regarding the health insurance...
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jun 22, 2010, 10:13 AM

    You can give the policy info directly to the physician's office with the instructions that no personal info of yours be given to her.
    InMyFavr's Avatar
    InMyFavr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 22, 2010, 12:32 PM

    Thanks Scott! Before we switched everyone over to my insurance a docs office wouldn't see one of the kids since her mom was not the policy holder. They insisted on talking to him directly to get his SS# and address. After that, His ex-wife told us she was going to carry around his personal information at all times. Very concerned about her getting ahold of my SS#. She could (and would) do a lot of damage... Thanks for you input!
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Jun 22, 2010, 05:20 PM

    You are not required to give her anything, but then your ex husband will already have all of that info on prior tax statements and more, so it will not be anything she can't get anyway.

    You will have to provide the ex insurance cards for his self and the kids, so they can take it to any hospital if they have to.

    The new wife should for the safety of the kids have a copy of their insurance cards.

    But again, your ex has your SS number, on divorce papers, old taxes and more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Providing that health is good does a time come when Tom cats are too old to mate? [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondered if a time comes when Tom cats are too old to mate? This would be assuming that their general health is good.

Health insurance for diabetic, otherwise in good health [ 5 Answers ]

Next month, I will be landing in Texas as a new immigrant on my Green Card (female aged 55 years - not working). I have diabetese which is well controlled bu insulin and am otherwise in good health. Which companies would provide me a health insurance cover, even if they put a waiting period for the...

My husbands health [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has an artificial testicle since he was 16. A few years ago he noticed a lump on the artificial testicle he has been to a couple of his local gps and a specialists they have all said it is normal and is something called grisel? His other testicle is OK! I just worry time to time is...

Home Health Care/Providing Substance to Patient [ 5 Answers ]

I am aware of an individual who is suppose to provide home health aid service to a patient. This individual provides and administers alcohol to the patient as a tradeoff for providing limited care to the patient. What are the legal reprocussions if this individual who is employed is found to be...

View more questions Search