Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    blindy's Avatar
    blindy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 9, 2014, 10:58 PM
    I don't have an income and no health insurance,indigent.
    I live in Johnson City,Tennessee. I am 43 years old and just recently started college. I consume a lot of hours on the computer doing schoolwork or leisurely reading. My eyes run often,But they also suffer from dryness and become irritated and itchy. I don't have health insurance or any income. Is there some way possible for me to get free glasses? The last time I possessed a pair they were paid for by the State of Tennessee because I was incarcerated. Please provide me with any solutions that will help me in my situation.
    DoulaLC's Avatar
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

    Oct 10, 2014, 02:46 AM
    A good place to start would be your college. They might have a program themselves to help students or they will likely know of one.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Oct 10, 2014, 02:53 AM
    Lions Club is known for giving out free glasses (not eye exams though). But eye strain isn't your only problem.

    If your eyes both run and dry out and itch, I think you might benefit from frequent washing. And much as I don't approve of anti-bacterial soap, try some around your eyes for a week. Don't scrub or rub, and rinse well, and pat dry. Do this twice a day. Don't let your hair hang down over your face either.
    teacherjenn4's Avatar
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

    Oct 10, 2014, 04:46 AM
    Does your college provide you with health insurance? If not, please ask them for direction as to where to receive low cost help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I don't get health insurance will I pay a fine? [ 17 Answers ]

If I don't sign up for any health insurance coverage this year will I have to pay a penalty/fine/fee of some sort? Through taxes? If yes then how much is the penalty? My income is <20k/year, I'm single <50 years old and my employer has canceled medical coverage starting this year.

Switching from personal health insurance to my company's health insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been employed with my present company since 2009. I've paid for my own health insurance since 2009 (high deductible), though would like to switch to my company's health insurance. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2011 and it's a pre-existing condition. What do I need to know because of this...

Two health insurance policy for surgery and 2nd insurance not paying [ 1 Answers ]

Had hysterictomy in 08, In 09 got a bill from hospital saying 2nd insurance withdrew 2k stating that was my portion or my copay. Is this right? I tried to appeal and the insurance is sticking to it. My primary ended up paying 16k to the 2nd insurance only paying 600. What are my options. I have...

Health insurance for diabetic, otherwise in good health [ 5 Answers ]

Next month, I will be landing in Texas as a new immigrant on my Green Card (female aged 55 years - not working). I have diabetese which is well controlled bu insulin and am otherwise in good health. Which companies would provide me a health insurance cover, even if they put a waiting period for the...

View more questions Search