Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JBonline2u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2008, 05:13 PM
    How Do I dispute what I believe to be an incorrect doctors bill
    I've been receiving allergy drops from an ENT Doctor for several years. Early this year (Jan or Feb) I went in to pick up my next installment of drops when the allergy nurse informed me that my insurance company had recently decided that they were no longer going to cover the allergy drops. We discussed what my options were and I decided to discontinue the treatment. She said that was fine and I left and she kept the drops. A couple of months later I received a bill for $263 for the drops that I didn't receive. I called the allergy nurse and told her that I had received the bill and she said that it was a mistake and she would take care of it. In June I received another bill but was getting ready to go on vacation so I didn't call right away. When I returned from vacation in July the Dr office had called about the bill. I called them back and explained what happened. The office manager tried to tell me that the allergy nurse probably meant that I should just use that batch of drops and discontinue the treatment when they were gone - Which really doesn't make sense since if she had intended for me to take those drops she would have given them to me when we discussed the situation in her office. When I told her about my phone call to the allergy nurse after I received the bill (whch the nurse has now forgotten) she said that the nurse shouldn't be handling billing issues. The way we left it she was going to talk to the Dr and get back to me. I haven't heard back from them but have still gotten bills. The drops in question work cumulativly so just getting the drops now (after not taking them for about 6 months would do me no good. It appears that there were mistakes made by the Dr staff in this situation but I feel like I'm being railroaded into paying the bill which nis the result of other peoples mistakes. I'm getting ready to write a letter to the Dr office disputing the bill. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Write a letter to the doctor, watch your credit report, if they put it on there, dispute it with them also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Incorrect AT&T bill. [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, I am new to this site so please forgive me if I have posted this question to the incorrect place. I am in desperate need of advise with what to do with an issue with AT&T regarding our phone bill. I will try to make this a short as possible and hopefully easy to understand and...

How to dispute doctor's bill [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I took my son for vision exam. The appointment lasts 5 min, doctor just checked his vision using the chart on the wall. Later we received $185 bill for COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAM!! The same thing happened to my friends and their children, $185 for 5 min exam! This is a complete fraud!...

Medical Bill Dispute [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the emergency room in great pain and told every person I met what I needed. I had had a tummy tuck in Costa Rico and my tummy was so full of fluid I could barely walk. My tummy needed to be drained. When I finally saw the doctor, she said," We don't do that." She gave me a referral to an...

Phone Bill dispute [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I just recently came across an issue that Im struggling with, and I hope that someone will have advice for me. I currently have cell phone service through a national cellular provider, and I normally paid my bill online. Last September I was short $27 for my bill, so I asked a friend to...

View more questions Search