Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    monalisasmile88's Avatar
    monalisasmile88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 25, 2014, 09:41 AM
    Certified nurse aide
    I am facing a minor domestic violence charge and am contemplating to apply for diversion and plead guilty to have it erased from my record (but its costly) or to fight the charge with the victim testifyin that I did not punch him until he threatened me placing his hands around my throat; my question is whether in the state of ks I can still work as a c.n.a. because my career means a lot to me I don't know what else I could enjoy doing. I feel like I canminimize the actual charge I'm sorry this all sounds so discombobulated I would appreciate any kind of advise and thank you for your time and insight.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Jul 25, 2014, 10:00 AM
    First, call your state licensing board and ask (without giving your name) for the exact rules. They aren't going to try to find out who you are. Just ask the same way you did here.

    How much does having it erased after taking the program cost?

    Second, call a lawyer or two for a sense of what you can look forward to if you were to hire one to contest the charge. I don't quite get what you mean by 'fight the charge with the victim testifyin that I did not punch him until he threatened me.' Do you mean 'fight the charge with the victim, testifyin that I did not punch him until he threatened me?' If so, I think what you would mean is 'I did not punch him until he put his hands around my throat.' That act is not a threat, it's physical violence. You are talking yourself into a quick guilty verdict. So either way, this is going to cost money. You ned a lawyer.
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,800, Reputation: 2674

    Jul 25, 2014, 11:14 AM
    Did this occur in a long term care facility; were there witnesses and was it reported to your supervisor or nurse-in-charge of your shift?

    Of course you know that if you can't have it erased, it will always show up on a background check for a new employer.

    Agree with joy, yes you need a lawyer, but there should always be documentation if this occurred in a LTC facility.
    monalisasmile88's Avatar
    monalisasmile88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 26, 2014, 01:49 AM
    Thank you for your advise and yes to have it deferred will be costly. And also this did not occur at work and had nothing to do with abusing a resident I promise I appreciate my career and I love helping others. I cannot be hired again as a cna anywhere with an assault charge within 7 yrs you can say I am stressed. The incident was a disagreement with my roommate and best friend. But thank you again for your input ill be praying I get accepted in this deferrment program
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,299, Reputation: 5646

    Jul 26, 2014, 02:04 AM
    In the US the chances of you being hired with a charge such as this is slim. I'm sorry to say that, but when it comes to healthcare, facilities want someone who is squeaky clean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son vomited 5 minutes after the nurse administered drug what should that nurse do? [ 12 Answers ]

I took my son to the doctor and the nurse administered a drug, 5 minutes after she did he started to vomit. What should that nurse have done in that situation?

Can you go from being navy nurse to a civilian nurse [ 1 Answers ]

I will be obtaining my (BSN) in a few months and I was considering serving full-time in the Navy Nurse Corps. I would like to serve five or more years and then consider becoming a civilian nurse. Will serving in the (NNC) benefit me at all if I decide to become a civilian nurse.

Kitchen aide [ 1 Answers ]

What does the F2 code mean on the Kitchen Aide microwave oven

Financial aide [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I receive aide to survive /to live/im newly out of a state prison

View more questions Search