Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    aosta2012's Avatar
    aosta2012 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 7, 2014, 03:45 AM
    Cash disclose to DSHS in Washinton State
    Hi guys!
    Who can tell me... much money received as gift from friend or family can an unemployed person have to disclose to DSHS Washington state per month?
    I ring DSHS but they do not pick up and just left messages for more than 7 times and they never ring me back.

    2.An unemployed person under DSHS can I send money to friend by western union for an amount of more than 4 thousand dollars a year? Is that a problem or not?
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    May 7, 2014, 04:03 AM
    You are supposed to report any money you get, no matter it's source, if you are getting benefits paid for by the taxes of working people like you were. There is no minimum. Now in reality, a one time gift of up to 2 or 300 might be overlooked, but a monthly amount, no way.
    Cash sent WU won't be detected. But it would be unethical to not report it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Washinton state law when invalved in accident without insurance? [ 3 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident that a women ran a blinking yellow light and I was going through the intersection with a green light and she hit another car and that car hit mine. I was not insured and she is. Police report was made and she claimed fault. I did not tell the police I didn't have...

How do I change my son's last name in washinton state [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change my 14 year old sons last name to my husbands lastname he never met his biological father due to prison etc what do I do in the state of Washington

Deduction for state tax payments (Accrual or cash basis) [ 1 Answers ]

In 2007, I earned most of my income from my own consulting business, which was a sole proprietorship I established in 2006. When I paid my 2006 taxes (and again in 2007), I indicated that this business (the income from which I reported on Schedule C) used the accrual method. I did this because...

Emanctiopation in the state of washinton! [ 37 Answers ]

Im 14 years old and I want to live with my friend. Me and my parents don't get along at all and my friends parents agree to all of this. What are the steps that I need to do to make this happen? They lock me in my house. I'm not allowed to go to school so they homeschool me. I haven't been out...

View more questions Search