Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    BalladOfTheKid's Avatar
    BalladOfTheKid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 1, 2014, 03:30 AM
    How to transfer
    As you can see in the picture System (C:)ís memory is full and I know it mostly contains your programs data, meanwhile Data (D: ) has more space. Is there any way that I can transfer all or some of the memory from System (C:) to Data (D:) so I can decrease itís memory and if I do will the data be stored in the new location or be stored in the old one when I use any of the programs? Thank you so much in advance.
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image002.jpg[/IMG]
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Apr 1, 2014, 04:38 AM
    Programs, by default, are installed to your Program Files folder on your C drive. Similarly, data, by default is stored in your Users folder also on the C. You can move Data files to another drive using Windows Explorer. Programs, however, need to be uninstalled and re-installed to another drive. So you need the install files.

    If you move the data instead of copy, then that will free up space. How much depends on what you have stored.

    Depending on the OS and whether the D drive is just a partition, you may be able to resize the C partition.

    P.S. we can't see an image stored on your PC. You have to use the Attachments feature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we transfer 40K from Brazil.. via wire transfer? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife's sister in Brazil needs to send her portion of a property that was sold... can she wire transfer the amount of $40K to her American Bank account... are there anything or conditions that we need to know?

Another H1B transfer while one transfer is pending [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had a H1B visa from company A . Recently, I joined company B and my H1B visa transfer is still in process. I do have the receipt for that. . My question is. I got an offer from company C. Can my VISA be transferred to company C... I have I-797 and 3 months old pay stub from company...

L1 to H1 transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I haven't found concrete answer on my doubt so asking the same again. I am working for employer X on L1 visa which will get expired in 2009. For better job opportunity and salary I want to change my employer to Y.But unfortunately,according to employer Y my H1 application has not been...

View more questions Search