Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pam Wayland Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Toning down red hair coloring
    My dark hair was dyed a permanent reddish brown in a salon. I had a few grey hairs peppered in with my natural color.

My scalp and roots look oranger than the rest. The red has a maroon or violet tone in the light.

What can I put on it to tone it down?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 1, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Try using an ash brown hair color to tone down the red tones in your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions in hair coloring [ 2 Answers ]

I have a few questions in hair coloring.:) #1. Is it true that dying your hair too much causes "white hairs"? #2. If you dye your hair with non-amonnia is safer than ammonia dyes? #3. What do I have to do, to go more than 3 shades lighter without getting reddish tones? #4. Why is it that when...

All About Hair Coloring [ 8 Answers ]

Your hair is a mixture of 3 colors; red yellow, and blue. These are the primary colors. Secondary colors are orange, green, and violet. If you look at the "wheel" a color opposite (directly across) will "negate" that color. This means if your hair is a orange color - green will make it a brown...

Coloring hair [ 1 Answers ]

My natural hair color is medium to dark brown. I have had highlights in my hair and as a result, my hair looks very brassy where the highlights used to be. I bought a light brown color at a beauty supply store so that I could cover up the brassy looking color. The color did not turn out light...

Coloring my hair ! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just joined this forum because I was searching on Google for some information and I came across a few threads here and I found your advice very helpful. However, I didn't find the answer to what I was looking for. Ok, my hair is like a medium brown, like not too dark, not too light...

Need help with home hair coloring [ 3 Answers ]

I have been coloring my hair for years, mostly shades of reds. I've most recently used L'Oreal Couleur Experte - 3.5 Chocolate Mousse. I loved the results but they are quickly fading, I used it about 6 weeks ago. I want to color my hair dirty blonde(like Feria shimmering sands) to light brown(my...

View more questions Search