Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roshell Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Jul 10, 2009, 04:59 PM
    Birth Control
    I started taking birth control the same week I am expecting my period. What will happen and is it safe?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 05:15 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by safe, but yes, its safe to take birth control, and you shouldn't worrie about your period. It may be off schedule a little bit the first month or 2 on birth control but it will soon fix its self back to regular.

I hope I answered what you were looking for. If not, be more specific :)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 05:20 PM

Birth Control Pill - Oral Contraceptive

Your prescription should have come with instructions. Any time you have a prescription it is important for you to read everything that comes with it.
    And what do you mean by safe? Probably nothing bad will happen but you should be aware of the possible side effects so that you know if/when you need to call your dr right away.

Jul 11, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Birth Control
    What I meant was... was it safe to start taking my birth control knowing my period was due the same week... I thought I was due on the 10th and I haven't come on my period yet... Im getting worried... I'm taking LoSeasonique and I was given a 6 month sample supply to see if I wanted to continue taking it... did I mess up? Was I suppose to wait until after I got my period? Or am I OK?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 05:57 PM
    <threads merged>
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 06:18 PM

I thought you were supposed to start after your period. I know when I was on birth control I was supposed to start the Sunday after my period started. For example if I got it on sat. I would start Sunday.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 11:47 PM

Yeah. I've always read that you were supposed to start after too. My guess is it might take longer to regulate her cycle now but I don't know, since I followed the directions when I started mine.

Jul 16, 2009, 07:21 PM

Well I'm bleeding but not a lot... I started bleeding last night... but by 6:00pm today I hadn't filled my tampon... any suggestions? What does this mean?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taken off birth control, possibly conceived, back on birth control? [ 9 Answers ]

So, the day my period ended I ended up having unprotected sex, and a week later started feeling really sick to my stomach, I could smell everything, I had horrible headaches, I couldn't find anything I wanted to eat, I was moody all the time, all the typical signs, except no missed period. I took a...

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Birth Control [ 1 Answers ]

Can a girl get pregnant if she is on birth control and got her period the same day she always gets it every month?

Birth control [ 2 Answers ]

Which type of birth control is the best to use without gaining much weight?

Birth Control [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been together for 4 years. I am on the pill, but consistently miss pills every month, usually 3 or 4 of my active pills. He does not use a condom and does not use the pull out method. Of the 4 years we have been together I have not once become pregnant. We now want to have a...

View more questions Search