Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juliaaaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 06:32 PM
    I hate the color I dyed my hair, what should I do?
    A week ago I dyed my natural hair color from a lightish brown to a way darker brown not black, but almost.
    I've been rinsing it with baking soda and dandruff shampoo the past two or three days and it's fading a little.

Is there anything I can do to get my natural color back without killing my hair or going to a salon?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 9, 2008, 03:20 AM
    If you are not prepared to bleach/remove the colour out then the only thing you can do is by fading it with deep cleansing/claifying shampoos. It will not totally remove the colour either. But it will fade it out quite a lot.
    NoOneKnows1028 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Dying over it will result in funky colors. Your best bet is to strip it and dye over that, but that will ruin your hair, and you should have it professionally done.

So, try Prell to fade it, but be sure that you keep your hair moisturized! Using baking soda or color lightening shampoos really can damage and dry your hair out. With most hair dyes, though, there are really good conditioners that come with the dye. Using this a few times a week will keep your hair healthy, or healthier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! I hate my new hair dyed colour! [ 7 Answers ]

Please can someone help me!! I dyed my hair this afternoon to a dark browny colour and at first I liked it but after a wile I saw it was just awful!! Its made me cry for ages because of it and I really need someone's help! I've been looking on the internet and people are saying I shouldn't try...

Hot oil to lighten dyed hair color [ 4 Answers ]

Has anybody used the extra virgin olive oil method to lighten dyed black hair? If so, did it turn your hair a orange or any strange color? How did it work? Anybody's expereince with this method would be very aprreciated to here from! Thank you

Dyed hair a light color before bleaching. [ 2 Answers ]

And my roots are a light brown and the rest of my hair stayed brown. I was told by a girl working at a sally beauty supply that I should dye my hair light ash blond (I want blond hair) and all my hair would get lighter. I still want to go blond but I don't know if I should bleach it or dye it...

Help me get my yuk dyed hair to a nice color! [ 3 Answers ]

I used to be blonde, and recently I went to the hair dresses to fix my regrowth, I told her I would like to get my colour changed just a little bit so I wouldn't have to keep coming back to get it fixed, like go light brown or something. Anyway I came out with red hair and it is horrible!! :eek: I...

View more questions Search