Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    takashia02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 06:21 AM
    Grants for Federal Inmates
    I am wondering if anyone has any info to help me, I am currently in search of finding out more on resources (grant money) to help federal inmates start their own business once release from custody.

{Moved from Introductions, please pay more attention to posting rules-<>}
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2009, 07:22 AM

It depends on your State and current funding. In general there are no special programs, particularly grants.
    Con Amor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 05:33 AM
    I have been looking for the same information. I have 2 friends who are in the federal prison system. They are BOTH told over and over, by prison social workers, that when they get out, they can get grants and funding to use to start their lives over, and head in the right direction. 1 has been released, and has me searching the web for info on how to get the grants so that he can start his business. I can't find anything! I wonder why they lie to the inmates like that?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Con Amor View Post
    I have been looking for the same information. I have 2 friends who are in the federal prison system. They are BOTH told over and over, by prison social workers, that when they get out, they can get grants and funding to use to start their lives over, and head in the right direction. 1 has been released, and has me searching the web for info on how to get the grants so that he can start his business. I can't find anything! I wonder why they lie to the inmates like that?
    To get them to behave and not give up hope?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Con Amor View Post
    I wonder why they lie to the inmates like that?
    Hello C:

It's part of the punishment...

excon
    tonefulton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 02:14 PM
    Sorry I have no response to your inquiry however, I'm looking for the same info as well but in any case if you by any chance been provide a respose to your retort or have any knowledge of any thing that you many feel is relevant to me as a recently federal inmate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Federal grants for felons [ 8 Answers ]

How do I get funding for college as a felon

Are there any federal grants [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if there is any type of grants, that can help someone get their CDL, I've been pricing all the schools, but they cost so much. In the past I drove OTR, for about 4 yrs, and I was missing my family grow, so I let my CDL expire, I have a super clean record, but since 2000, when...

Federal or state reform grants [ 3 Answers ]

Yes I am a convicted felon in Colorado was sentence to probation. Was wondering if there is federal or state grants for reforming felon back in the community. For things such as housing schooling. Rehab. Getting us back on our feet. Not just for education

Federal Grants for building a house [ 2 Answers ]

I've heard from some family members that there may be grants available for building a new house. I've done some searching online, but haven't been able to find anything. I live in Nebraska and am looking to build a house in a town of 6500 people. I heard there were grants for building in a town of...

Tax breaks for ex inmates [ 1 Answers ]

After being released from prison is that person tax exemption for that year?

View more questions Search